TPS Fault..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TPS Fault..
Driving back from college earlier, the engine management light came on, and I lost all power. Shifted to neutral and the revs shot up to 2k for a bit then back down again.

Pulled over, jumped out and it was hunting like fook, between 800 to 1300 ish.

Really wasn't happy with it, so called the AA out. The bloke seemed to think I'd probably slipped the cambelt a tooth, but plugged it into the diagnostics, TPS intermittent fault.

Cleared the code, started up just fine and I drove home with no issues.

Question is, why would it be ok now? I'd have thought if the TPS was broken, it'd be broken permanently, not intermittent/once randomly....
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Dodgy wiring/connection.

Check everything back to the ECU...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yep, all it might take is a speed bump or pot hole and an iffy connection in a multi-plug might just go bad.

Unplug everything and give a quick check over then re-plug.

10yrs+ of sitting in a hot dry/cold damp/hot dry/cold damp engine bay won't do any electrical connections any good Smile

Dave
Thanks given by:
What's the best way to clean those connections, just some contact cleaner and a fine brush?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've cleaned the connector with carb cleaner, then let it dry forever before re fitting. Seems to have done the job, it's definitely quicker now!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: