Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18
Good update Chopper!  Sorry we didn't see more of you.  I had a very sociable time hanging out with Cully & his wife.  After you headed off to queue up for your track session we had a fry-up & then headed over near Quarry.  I came back to the car at about 2:30 I think but by then you'd parked up & probably headed off to explore.

You took loads more photos than I did.  I chatted to the bloke who had the 306 modded to look like an army vehicle.  Nice bloke - he did it after his wife challenged him!  It's powered by a boosted 1.9 d-turbo that smokes like a Victorian factory!!!  He didn't stop at the exterior.  I got this snap of the interior ....just mad!!

The reason you were so delayed was that a Scooby (I think) managed to leave the track just before Tower corner.  It hit the tire wall, took off and hit the Marshall's post backwards, nearly destroying it.  The far steel upright for the protective wire mesh was significantly bent over had sheared off at the weld with the horizontal.

We watched them make temporary repairs to the barrier, but as Cully will attest too, the results weren't very impressive.  It's just a god job another vehicle didn't go in to it.

Like you said, pretty much every session was red flagged and we heard them pleading with people over the tannoy to drive to the conditions.  We saw lots of near misses!

We saw you out on track.  Here's a little sequence of you passing through The Esses. 

Despite the weather, mud and interruptions to the sessions it was very entertaining watching them.

Like I said, I didn't take very photos.  This did catch my attention though ....

Oh, and your car....fair play to you mate, you've made it / kept it looking sooo nice.

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 - by Mighty306 - 08-04-2018, 06:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,997 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,168 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 09/09/17 Eeyore 14 15,791 30-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000