Powerflex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex
Right my bottom engine mount is absolutely fooked! It's actually almost impossible to change gear without it clunking about.
I was going to get a spare mount and press a standard bush in but then I thought that it would be an ideal opportunity to upgrade! I don't want to go mad and get a group N mount. I know there great but it's a daily.....sort of....and I would like to keep vibrations to a minimum.
What's the powerflex bottom bushes like for this?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im in the same boat as you, not bought one yet, vibrations on yours wont be that bad I would have thought, now mine is diesel, could be bad, mainly at idle... I have heard that you can drill some large-ish holes in the powerflex bushes to soften them up abit if its too bad...
Thanks given by:
MTFU and get a BBM one! /thread
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:MTFU and get a BBM one! /thread

Unlike you ed it matters if vibrations transfer through the cabin of my car. You could have solid metal mounts and it won't matter because your engine is separate from your car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Ed Doe Wrote:MTFU and get a BBM one! /thread

Unlike you ed it matters if vibrations transfer through the cabin of my car. You could have solid metal mounts and it won't matter because your engine is separate from your car!

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-THAexJyqA3w/TmVLMj1rdcI/AAAAAAAAISs/OmXgO7T63qU/s1600/Oh+no+you+di+int.jpg[/img[

And admittedly I hadn't fitted the bottom one, but the upper 2 were bbms, and they were faptastic....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Dont get a powerlex one, i changed my lower one for one and they arent as good as they should be, its getting ditched for a BBM one asap!
Thanks given by:
Iv heard the powerflex ones arnt very good. I should have my BBM fitted saturday. I will let you no itlf they are really that bad for vibs

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
BBM or a standard mount rotated 90*
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex 306 Front wishbone kit thiscocks 37 7,118 07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Last Post: thiscocks
  Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex! Piggy 87 20,818 05-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Powerflex wishbones titch 6 1,741 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Last Post: titch