I think I have a slight addiction.......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I have a slight addiction.......
..did nearly £600 in V power driving about in the Impreza last month. I can't help but constantly want to go out for a drive, it's just so addictive.

This thing is gonna bankrupt me which is a shame as a love it to pieces.

Thanks given by:
jesus thats a lot of fuel
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You need to drive faster! That MPG is far too high [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
probably chucking £750 on my car each month in fuel :/ Its an incredible amount. I dont know who these people are who can justify anything less efficient than about 26mpg as a daily doing 1000+ miles a month.
Thanks given by:
You can't take it with you.

And the effort you guys have put in to your cars. You deserve to enjoy them!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2017, 07:43 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: jesus thats a lot of fuel
Yeah, not half, 100 gallons is almost 2 massive oil drums of fuel in a month, In a year it'd be £7k.
f*cking ridiculous.

(20-09-2017, 09:19 PM)Eeyore Wrote: probably chucking £750 on my car each month in fuel :/ Its an incredible amount. I dont know who these people are who can justify anything less efficient than about 26mpg as a daily doing 1000+ miles a month.
Bloody hell! I can't spend this much month in, month out, I could have a second mortgage in what I've paid in fuel. I'm looking forward to having my bike on the road to hopefully save some money.

(20-09-2017, 09:49 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: You can't take it with you.

And the effort you guys have put in to your cars. You deserve to enjoy them!
You can't take it with you but I need to save up for my early retirement. f*ck working till state pension age, I'll be pretty much dead by then.
Thanks given by:
Driving a subaru..

must be to meet all your grindr contacts..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
That is a fair bit of fuel! Worth it for the enjoyment though Smile
Out of curiosity where are you mpg screenshots from? Looks nice having it all laid out like that.
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell Chris i dont spend that much in a month running 3 cars
TAX+fuel+insurance

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2017, 09:35 PM)toseland Wrote: Driving a subaru..

No just driving to see your missus, I know your just jealous cos she loves the Scooby.

(22-09-2017, 08:05 AM)Hobo Ash Wrote: That is a fair bit of fuel! Worth it for the enjoyment though Smile
Out of curiosity where are you mpg screenshots from? Looks nice having it all laid out like that.
MPG is from here; https://www.spritmonitor.de/en it's a great site and a few people here use it.
This is my account; https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/ChrisM433.html it's actually my second account as I felt I had too many cars on the first. Click into one of the cars and click the plus by the top peach coloured bar and it gives you even further analysis.

(22-09-2017, 09:06 AM)cully Wrote: Bloody hell Chris i dont spend that much in a month running 3 cars
TAX+fuel+insurance

Yeah I wasn't spending that running 2 cars and a motorbike a couple of years ago.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2017, 09:58 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: MPG is from here; https://www.spritmonitor.de/en it's a great site and a few people here use it.
This is my account; https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/ChrisM433.html it's actually my second account as I felt I had too many cars on the first. Click into one of the cars and click the plus by the top peach coloured bar and it gives you even further analysis.

Oh cool that's awesome! Il get on there and enter some info, great that you can put maintenance costs on there too! Thanks for the link ThumbsUp

Thanks given by:
(22-09-2017, 09:58 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(21-09-2017, 09:35 PM)toseland Wrote: Driving a subaru..

No just driving to see your missus, I know your just jealous cos she loves the Scooby.

Ha!
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
£600 a month on fuel.... I don't earn that much in a month  Nospeak
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2017, 10:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: £600 a month on fuel.... I don't earn that much in a month  Nospeak

You also don't have a mortgage Nospeak

In fairness there is no way I could keep spending that on fuel every month, £400 a month is probably my entire car and motorbike budget and that has to include insurance and other running costs.
Thanks given by:
The important question now then is- what are you swapping this for? Or are you going to put the sale money towards something not vehicle related? And also did you ever get to take it on track? I assume it would have been amazing to drive Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I'm gonna get another ranger but a mk3 as they have some power. They are comfy, reliable, do enough mpg and are practical in the right circumstances. I want a 3.0 but they command a £3k premium over the 2.5 with only about 10bhp difference.
Thanks given by:
Oh nice! rangers do look very good, probably best truck we've got over here. Look forward to seeing what your next project will be ThumbsUp

Thanks given by:
+1 for the ranger. We run a 2.5TDCi seems to be alright. Cruises well and it very quiet despite what some reviews say. Ride can be a bit bouncy due to the rear leaf springs and reverse is a bit of a pisstake, will do nigh on 25mph which isn't really needed when reversing a trailer.
Thanks given by:
The RX8 gets 16mpg... Less than 200 miles per tank

Currently I only have to fill it up every 6 weeks as I still have the XUD. I couldn't bear to have it as my only vehicle.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2017, 08:05 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: The RX8 gets 16mpg... Less than 200 miles per tank

Currently I only have to fill it up every 6 weeks as I still have the XUD. I couldn't bear to have it as my only vehicle.

Is that combined or ragging it? Might not get one of those D:
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2017, 09:30 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 08:05 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: The RX8 gets 16mpg... Less than 200 miles per tank

Is that combined or ragging it? Might not get one of those D:

Urban I would say, with some ragging. That's been my average over the last 2 tanks.

However, the cat was f*cked. Now has a new one so maybe it might be slightly better?

When I was running the engine in and couldn't rev past 4k I only managed 19mpg so it's never going to be great tbh.

It is fun though...
Thanks given by:
My RX8 drank fuel like hell. It's fun but expensive, tax alone was about £45 a month.
Very nice place to sit and an absolute hooligan with the traction control off.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2017, 08:40 AM)Hobo Ash Wrote: Oh nice! rangers do look very good, probably best truck we've got over here. Look forward to seeing what your next project will be ThumbsUp
Yeah, I've tried most of the pick ups in this price bracket and the ranger is by far the most comfortable for the driver with just enough toys and nothing you don't need not to mention having proper LSDs both ends.

(28-09-2017, 10:43 AM)mr_fish Wrote: +1 for the ranger. We run a 2.5TDCi seems to be alright. Cruises well and it very quiet despite what some reviews say. Ride can be a bit bouncy due to the rear leaf springs and reverse is a bit of a pisstake, will do nigh on 25mph which isn't really needed when reversing a trailer.
Hahaha by the time I've fitted 35s (that'll gear it up by nearly 20%) that'll be 30mph in reverse

My motorbike does 50mpg and is nearly as fast as the impreza so I'll still be able to have fun as soon as I finish passing my test.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  slight accident thebluepearl 22 3,838 25-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonpie