Bucket Seat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucket Seat
Is it suitable to make my own 306 sub frames or should i buy some i recently contacted Cobra as my auto style bucket seat has cobra side mounts but they completely denied selling them and i dont fancy some cheap eBay specials as i value my life and feel that i would be safer with two metal bars bolted directly to the car and drilled to match the side mounts.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
Depends how good your welding is! Lots of people do because its cheaper or they can mount them lower than any off the shelf mounts can.
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2017, 11:27 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Depends how good your welding is! Lots of people do because its cheaper or they can mount them lower than any off the shelf mounts can.

I did some in my first car and all i did was make up to solid metal runners that married to the bolting holes bolted them in place sat the seat ontop where i liked it drilled and bolted the holes using a guide and that was fine even survived the car rolling 6 times lmao
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2017, 11:40 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote:
(20-09-2017, 11:27 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Depends how good your welding is! Lots of people do because its cheaper or they can mount them lower than any off the shelf mounts can.

I did some in my first car and all i did was make up to solid metal runners that married to the bolting holes bolted them in place sat the seat ontop where i liked it drilled and bolted the holes using a guide and that was fine even survived the car rolling 6 times lmao

Tried and tested then. Crack on! Not sure if the seats need to adjust for MOT?
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2017, 11:49 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(20-09-2017, 11:40 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote:

Tried and tested then. Crack on! Not sure if the seats need to adjust for MOT?

I will store the original for that moment I think much like the steering wheel gets put back when its time for an M.O.T
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bucket seat subframes 4WayDiablo 19 2,807 18-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo