Advice on removing wiring-alarm,locking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on removing wiring-alarm,locking
Tongue 
Car is a phase 2 GTi-6 and I'm in the process of removing excess wiring from inside the car but there's a couple of things I need to check:

Iv unplugged all the wiring from the alarm box and have an orange wire which goes to a plug and a yellow wire which disappears into the door.
I assume I can cut these two wires out.

Under the base of the rear seats there's another black box which I think is the central locking module, can all the wiring be removed for this? There seems to be a load of earth wires here aswell so can they be removed too?

I'm only wanting to open the car with the key in the door so alarm/central locking not needed at all.

One last thing, can I remove the immobiliser completely? And would I need an unlocked ecu to do this?
Thanks given by:
Not enough of an expert to advise on wiring but before you get too far, does your boot have a key lock or is it central locking only? I guess you could rig it up to lock/unlock via a switch but not sure.
Thanks given by:
Red B142 is the 12v feed
yellow C033 : ACC 12v IGN

all the info you need regarding the two box's are here in this post Wink
https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=16717

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: paulgtt
Nice one, very useful guide.
Looks like the whole lot can go then!
Thanks given by:
Only need 1 earth by the back seat (Fuel Pump) but that can be stuck anywhere, Wiring to the back of the car is really lights and pump and remove the other 1/2 ton of un-used rubbish
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by: paulgtt
Back again!

Just regarding the fuel pump, Iv got a thick yellow wire with green dots on it that goes from the pump to a plug which goes into the central locking box.
Can I get rid of this or does need to be used as an earth?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alarm. Paulb306 0 1,091 20-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Paulb306
  PH2 Alarm central locking issues aaddzz123 4 1,689 06-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167
  alarm box John1.4 12 3,710 20-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Last Post: pug306driver