pp2000 fun, help please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pp2000 fun, help please
I have a copy of a cheapo pp2000 on the lap top with the lead ( usb one end and the data port plug on the other, with a blue light in the "box" )  and box to connect to the car, hopefully it will give me some dtc's to help sort out the intermittent loss of power problems after sharp left hand turns.

If the lap top is on, on desk top, do I then connect the usb lead from the "interface lead and box" to the laptop and open pp2000?

I need an idiots guide here really with step by step instructions as pp2000 is not that user friendly not telling me exactly what to do and when.

The 306 option is either a salon or convertible ( r ? ) , ours being an estate.

Please help or is there an idiots guide on here ?

How do I get the dtc's ??

Does this pp2000 have real time bar graph of the tps for example??

Thanks in advance......still learning about this car.

found a guide in the guides section reading andf making notes as we speak

Any more info on getting dtc's and bar graph for tps etc etc  please

I now know its a 306R, but still need connection procedure etc........also test by ecu rather than global.....
Thanks given by:
If the lap top is on, on desk top, do I then connect the usb lead from the "interface lead and box" to the laptop and open pp2000?

The 306 option is either a salon or convertible ( r ? ) , ours being an estate.

Plug Lexia 3 in before you boot Diagbox/PP2000.  When you're asked to validate the application click the red cross (I.e. no). 

You need to choose 306 for a phase 1 and 306R for phase 2 or 3.  The 'R' refers to 'restyling' and the picture of a cabriolet is just there to confuse you!!

When you get asked to enter a DAM, this is the build code for the car.  For a Phase 2/3 you should be able to find it on a label in the drainage recess behind the n/s front suspension turret.

After that I generally get a message that the PP2000 interface is not connected to a USB port.  At that point I have to pull the USB from the back of the laptop and then put it back in.  Also, I have read you should use the USB port that Lexia 3 was plugged in to when you set it up.

Like you say, it's not that user friendly but once you've got it connected the best way is to have a play until you know what you get an idea of what you're doing.

I assume you have a diesel?  I have a petrol 306 and it does show some live data but probably different from a diesel engine model.

Good luck!
Thanks given by: pug306driver
Good luck, the last time I was told that the "new" ( plem green ford v4 2 lite in box with all tickets etc, water still in water galleries so it had been "tested" ( by a deaf techy no doubt!! ) at the factory ????? )engine was more f"£*&%d than the one just removed !!

Don't have lexia what ever that is.

Yes a 2 l hdi turbo diesel estate which of course is behaving perfectly today, but loss of power was felt on a l/hand bend 3 days ago.

I am wondering if its a make break contact on f/p/sensor or a dicky tpsensor, may be fpreg also.....this weekend is a diesel weekend I feel.

Will report back with findings and pp2000 progress.
Thanks given by:
Lexia 3 is the cable/box thingy that connects the laptop to the car. Diagbox/PP2000 is the software.

Hope you get it sorted n find out what's going on with the car.
Thanks given by: pug306driver
The "interface lead with a blue light" thingy.
Thanks given by: