OBDI2 but XUD motor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBDI2 but XUD motor
I am wondering if a windscreen speed display device intended for later cars than my 1999 xtdt would work. The car has a digital dash so is it possible the speed, rpm and other data is available on the green connector {assuming obd2) in the same way the display device expects?
TIA Ron
Edit: May have been a silly question if a speedo cable is still used on this model, will try to get under for a look sometime.
Another question. The  digital trip/service odometer is stuck at oooo and I cant get the service distance set by the instructions in the glovebox manual, any ideas of what I need to do? 
I'm supposed to be able to stop the countdown by letting go of the button early and step through the distances but only get the
=0 display.
Thanks given by:
Without any ECU there shouldn't be any way of reading the live engine data?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2017, 11:55 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Without any ECU there shouldn't be any way of reading the live engine data?

The XUD9TE engine is not controlled by a computer, also has no emissions equipment to control.
There is no speedo cable to the gearbox, so perhaps the connector below the yellow gearbox vent behind the clutch lever is the pulse detection, similar to the rev counter pulse sender on the flywheel.
There will be cpu/s for the digital odometer and maybe speedo/rev counter?, air conditioner, immobiliser/central locking.
I dont know if airbags have an OK or fault code.

If no-one can help with this model, I may have to obtain an OBD2 interface for the laptop and see what is available in the way of codes. 
Not being able to have the trip meter working in any form is bothering me most.
Maybe a battery disconnect is needed.
Ron
Thanks given by: