Initial issues ?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial issues ?????
Ok so last weekend fitted a Bosch pump to the car, got it running fine and then it started cutting then I realized I'd put the pressure and return pipes on wrong. So this weekend with getting back to it I turned the pipes round and now she's runs..... However when I say runs it's runs like a bag of hammers I have tried and tried and tried better more with the timing and trying to get the fueling and the boost compensator to get it to sit and a nice idle but it just either wants to scream it's head of or sound like a bag of hammers.... So can someone point me in the right direction or at least give me a guide to setting up a Bosch pump I'm at my wit's end!!!!!!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
shouldn't have needed to touch any of the screws, only set the timing, boost thingy wont alter fuelling till it gets boost anyway.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Hi mate process of elimination with the right info diagnosing problems like this is real easy;

Timing - make sure that this is checked correctly, with all locking bolts in at least 5 turns (can put them in on the piss only a few turns I fell bad with this one) then turn engine over 4 times and re-put in timing bolts.
Inlet/Outlet - as mentioned there is a different banjo bolt on the outlet of the pump instead of inlet, this keeps pump pressure up and if outlet bolt is on inlet will hugely restrict the pump.
Fuel Supply - does it run better when hand primer is pumped? is there air getting into the system causing it to die.
Injector firing order - check they are the bosch injector lines as lucas ones give different order
Known running pump? has it been running ok on another car, been opened? dry? splines been moved?

Give us some more details, sounds like it could be an internal thing if its actually screming its head off sometimes?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by: