BIG POWER!! WHAT YOU RUNNING?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG POWER!! WHAT YOU RUNNING?
For all the guys that have modes their xud.. Looking for a few setups and the pros and cons of each one.

What turbo have you upgraded to and how is it going for you? 

Looking for a mid to high rpm boost. 

I'm aiming for near 200 bhp.
Running a 9mm Bosch pump. ( will be be gov modded and lda).
I have a xantia Inlet ready to install.
Also got a fmic off a mondeo and piping to suit.
I've a Helix stage 2 clutch ready to be installed.
Thinking of getting my flywheel lightened and balanced.

Also brand new eBay turbos, would I be throwing my money away?

I don't like the idea of second hand, but if I was to go to a breakers yard what turbos are the ones to look for ?

I was thinking a g20 turbo off a Nissan terrano 2.7.

Ford transit internals? Good idea and what is needed if so.

11mm Bosch..  what's the advantage? Will it be that Smokey that il never pass another mot again? 

Any other mods I am missing? 

I WANT SOME SORT OF RELIABILITY WITH THE CAR.

Any help appreciated  Rofl
Thanks given by:
haven't got time to answer properly atm but if you want near 200bhp and reliability you will need forged rods and ARP head studs for a start Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
10mm pump, 11 has been proven overkill for 200 a few times. gtb turbo something like a 2256. not sure what mr fish ran he has a 200 bhp 206. essentially though you want
10mm pump
good turbo
arps
good clutch
thats pretty much it. and if you dont wanna throw a rod some better rods proably forged.

On a side note please make a big power xud we dont seem to have many anymore
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
when has a 11mm head been proven to be overkill for 200bhp?

hardly seen any 10mm builds, never mind 200bhp editions
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2017, 08:24 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: when has a 11mm head been proven to be overkill for 200bhp?

hardly seen any 10mm builds, never mind 200bhp editions

I thought this was the "in thing" from what ive been seeing recently on a few pages etc. I mean overkill may have been exagrearting a tad.  Rofl  In my eyes if its possible with 10 why go 11. saying this my build as 11 on my 2.1. bit of right foot control wasnt that bad.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You'll need 11mm pump with much mods and a very good turbo for a genuine 200bhp. ARPs and rods as mentioned. Supported by a uprated cooling system and fmic.

Think less about ultimate power, think about ensuring you can make the power all day....and you'll have a very good setup/car
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks all!
Thanks given by:
11mm pump, big turbo off a decent powered modern derv, fmic and itll be close to 180 etc. 200bhp is just the point where reliability is abit hit and miss, will start having head issues long term, try get a set of rods if you go full bore on torque will need hedstuds but big blower for top end will not cause head lifting.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running decent power with reliability Andy annear 27 5,343 07-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Running veg? Power loss? RePT 36 8,109 23-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Last Post: RePT