Hi All! Irish Newbie here lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All! Irish Newbie here lol
Hi all, I'm new to the group and I'm from Donegal in the republic of Ireland. 306s are very hard got in southern reg which you wouldn't think, because the Registration tax is so high (€710) and nobody will pay that so a 306 on Irish plates is a must buy when they come up!

Mad about 306s in a lot of ways a lot of you won't like  Itwasntme "The felt spec" look that a lot of people envy! I've had four 306's in the past and on to my 5th now which is a project. 

I'm new to forums so il try post pictures if possible.

Few of my previous cars : 

A nile blue ph3 kitted ph2 dturbo running a t2 turbo screwed half a turn. Sitting 4 nicks at the back and Coilovers at the front.

I then ventured to a ph2 silver xud standard silver painted to frost white. Never touched Lucas pump on Coilovers and 3 nicks at the back. (Worst respray ever but looked good from far away  TMI ). Good car all the same, running perfect on same engine with 268,000 miles on original engine as the old woman that had her kept her well.

Then a Ph1 306 straight d sedan which was only a field car as no logbook ever came!! Rough as a dogs dinner though  TMI

Finally, I found a ph2 dturbo s in black with sunroof on a local buy and sell page primed ready for paint. Went to look and the car was as straight as an arrow but the priming was horrible so she is away getting primed and painted at the minute and I can't wait to see her when she's done  Heart it's not sprint blue before anyone says lol.

Sorry for long post but don't want people to think I'm a robot that has never owned a 306. 

Thanks, Ryan.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club fella, you're in the right place Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Smile you've owned some lovely looking 306s!
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2017, 07:56 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Welcome to the club fella, you're in the right place Smile

Thanks buddy. Never knew such a thing existed. Some great threads on here even though I'm just getting used to the whole forum thing.

(19-07-2017, 02:32 PM)Hobo Ash Wrote: Welcome to the forum Smile you've owned some lovely looking 306s!

Thanks bud they all look nice but all have their troubles!! I can't wait to get my current one fully painted and get my wheels on just waiting patiently on spacers !
Thanks given by:
nice to see another irish member few wile lookin yokes there hai
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2017, 07:56 PM)Logue1996 Wrote: Hi all, I'm new to the group and I'm from Donegal in the republic of Ireland. 306s are very hard got in southern reg which you wouldn't think, because the Registration tax is so high (€710) and nobody will pay that so a 306 on Irish plates is a must buy when they come up!

Mad about 306s in a lot of ways a lot of you won't like  Itwasntme "The felt spec" look that a lot of people envy! I've had four 306's in the past and on to my 5th now which is a project. 

I'm new to forums so il try post pictures if possible.

Few of my previous cars : 

A nile blue ph3 kitted ph2 dturbo running a t2 turbo screwed half a turn. Sitting 4 nicks at the back and Coilovers at the front.

I then ventured to a ph2 silver xud standard silver painted to frost white. Never touched Lucas pump on Coilovers and 3 nicks at the back. (Worst respray ever but looked good from far away  TMI ). Good car all the same, running perfect on same engine with 268,000 miles on original engine as the old woman that had her kept her well.

Then a Ph1 306 straight d sedan which was only a field car as no logbook ever came!! Rough as a dogs dinner though  TMI

Finally, I found a ph2 dturbo s in black with sunroof on a local buy and sell page primed ready for paint. Went to look and the car was as straight as an arrow but the priming was horrible so she is away getting primed and painted at the minute and I can't wait to see her when she's done  Heart it's not sprint blue before anyone says lol.

Sorry for long post but don't want people to think I'm a robot that has never owned a 306. 

Thanks, Ryan.

I'm a newbie here as well needs work but I'll get er there[img]webkit-fake-url://ff5e99e5-cb8e-42cc-a4f1-f1119961e986/imagejpeg[/img][img]webkit-fake-url://d0453c17-ddba-4fb7-9b95-f6337a892672/imagejpeg[/img][img]webkit-fake-url://99c8d5a3-2b1d-49f0-89d3-465d73f87f48/imagejpeg[/img]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum!! I really like the nile blue one. Do you have any plans for the DT other than getting it painted?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Welcome! Yeah the tax is pretty tasty alright! My Fluence is €200 for the year, the 306 is €200 every three months! Know which one id rather drive!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club! Haaaa its the one with the worlds biggest sun strip. Remember seeing that before Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Irish and hungry for power! Dturbo Denman 15 3,359 11-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Dturbo Denman
  Yet another Irish newbie.... Mal 9 1,892 20-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Irish Newbie in Essex laserhalen 11 2,850 01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Last Post: laserhalen