It never rains but pours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It never rains but pours
The lads almera has died ( inj pump ) and now the 306 is  playing up, its done this before.....

Reasonably sharp left hand turn, car seems to loose power, then picks up again. bad connection somewhere as engine leans to the right??

Some "ramping up" sort of feeling with light throttle, maybe throttle position sensor??

Any ideas ??
Thanks given by:
Fuel starvation? Is the lift pump definitely working?
Thanks given by:
low fuel...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Could be the gearbox earth strap. Unlikely to be low fuel on LH corners unless you've been playing red light roulette all week, pick up is on the right of the tank.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(29-08-2017, 12:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: Could be the gearbox earth strap. Unlikely to be low fuel on LH corners unless you've been playing red light roulette all week, pick up is on the right of the tank.

ah my bad. didnt read properly. My rallye has this issue on right handers but only because ive put a stupid pump in that doesnt retain the one way :/
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the ideas, just under 1/2 tank, should not be a problem as the fuel pick up and pump is in a "tank", the white plastic ( now creamy coloured ) which holds a certain amount of fuel via the flap valve in the bottom of the "white tank", also the fuel return is flowing into this "tank", but maybe an indicator lamp fitted close to speedo area which lights when the pump is getting 12v, to rule that out next time it happens.

Earth strap checked and attended to last time this happened, extra earth from bat neg to ecm unit frame and extra earth to engine fitted last time. The round connectors to engine etc. where checked last time as well but will recheck those and its been raining since.

Will attend to tps earths to rule them out. Will also "clean" and lub inside tps. Will also wiggle test tps wires.

The maf sensor is very close to the battery casing but engine would "lean" the wrong way, but battery would lean the right way, so will check that also for movement against the tps.

The car did a faultless 700 mile round trip very recently to the south east with no trouble until about 40 miles from home, same fault, sudden loss of power which recovered, we got home all ok and flew up the big hill ( dinas mawddwy, the big hill ) no problems. Loss of power and pressing the throttle further makes no difference, then the power comes back. Also pressing the throttle right down does not seem to give power, the car seems to "hold back" suggesting fuel or breathing. Good economy and no smoke seen, no loss of coolant or oil.

Suspect a make and break contact somewhere but must research the hi pressure pump 3rd piston.

Advise on the 3rd piston please, operation theory etc would be very helpful.

The main loom bundle coming from the ecm may also move due to lh turn so will look at that also.

Will have some time and space this week for above once this bloody almera is dragged to the car park.

Englands glory is tempting but almera was all good until the engine died, fuel pump dtc so new pump.BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER !!!

What else is going to go wrong.
Thanks given by:
You can just unplug the third piston control to deactivate it.

I don't suppose your rear beam has camber on the drivers side...?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks Poodle, will disconnect and see if that gives the same "loss of power".

If it did have some camber on the rear, I haven't noticed it, but will park the car on some level ground ( difficult locally as its very hilly here ) and looksee.

How would that effect loss of power ?

Red estate in south east around 23 july, you saw me??
Thanks given by:
Unplugging the third piston deactivation won't cause loss of power. It's purpose is to deactivate the third piston under low demand to save on pumping losses.

The beam bearings could be shifting under high load and causing the tyre to rub the inside of the arch. Not loss of power, rather a braking effect.

I see an awful lot of broken cars what with it being my job lol, not very good at remembering details. Sorry, not much help to you. Where did I see you on the 23rd July then..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks poodle,

I see what you mean !! but no camber, if only very slight, cant tell as no level ground in wales !

Of course the car is behaving perfectly today, even trying to make the fault happen !! but will go thru check list and fit a tank pump indicator, seems a good idea, led for low low power so as to not overstress the brown double relay........the tank pump relay?

The last time this happened ( last year or may be before that ) tank was checked, extra earths etc...

Suspect I may be touching brake pedal and throttle pedal at the same time ??
Thanks given by:
If you touch the brake pedal it will over-ride the throttle input.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: pug306driver
Thanks poodle, not had time for the pug, still shovelling crap out of the lads new old car, mondeo, then handbrake to do, asap, he needs car for work.

The almera is still dead, but will be breaking into loom to add long "
break out tails" to wires of interest to inj pump, so can "see" dmm info, and illiminate an inj pump  block plug bad connection, to pump. If still a on go then pump off and a good looksee, but mondeo first.

Was in south east, hindehead/petworth area 23rd ish july, red estate......
Thanks given by:
Ah I saw you on the a3, I remember now!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: