Water coming in through door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water coming in through door
Last year some scumbag broke in to my car, smashing the drivers window. I got a replacement window from a scrappy n successfully installed it. All is well now apart from water gets in to the drivers footwell from the bottom of the door when it really pisses it down. I think it might be because I removed the sticky foam panels from the cutouts on the inner door panel & didn't replace them with anything. I know the door drain hole is definitely clear so can only assume water runs down the inside panel & though the cutouts. Does this sound possible? Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use in place of the foam that's no longer there's? Thanks guys.
Thanks given by:
This is a super common issue on 306s. You have two choices. A quick trip to peugeot and order the inner door seal. Or a little cut out in the door rubber allows it to drain out and not into the foot well. Ill take a picture of mine for you [Image: f5e9a615467f74b9731f5f68b6f2fe4b.jpg]

Right where that little dimple is. Doesnt have to be as wide as that though. My door seal was a bit ratty anyhow. Hope this helps
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Bash, that's a handy tip. Will give it a try.
Thanks given by:
defo, I've the same issue.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
The weather sheet is no longer available.

You can get sticky back closed cell foam from ebay to plug the holes and tape a bit of plastic over the back of the door speaker to sort it.
Thanks given by:
what about Gaffa?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I've tried gaffa tape and it's no good. The glue dries up and turns to powder.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water in the Drivers Door Razorback_Rob 3 1,181 18-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Water in door seal kernow_joe 15 3,590 15-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe