Matts cheap cherry rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matts cheap cherry rallye
Picked up this bargain rallye on facebook for £350 with a spare set of wheels, spare interior and a whole bunch of mechanical & bodywork issues!

So i mixed and matched the interior into an immaculate set and now have even more spare rallye interiors lol changed a power steering pipe and few bits of fuel hose which made it useable Smile

Got it through an MOT needing only some droplinks which was very pleasantly surprising. That weekend was pugfest and it evemn managed a hill run lmao

I then decided to get the car sorted out for FCS which meant fitting the 16" speedline chronos, scorpion catback exhaust and a general maintenance checkover. So it was over to my friendly garage owners to borrow a ramp, tyre machine and some tools for an afternoon.

Which left the car looking like this, and sounding much better Big Grin

So the car made it to FCS without issue! many beers, much banter and a good time was had my myself and i believe shared by all Smile

obligatory oc member packed car catwalk lol

After FCS i have been using it almost daily and noticing all its small issues etc which i plan to work through sorting. Have also sorted a good deal on a full respray over winter this year which should freshen the whole car up nicely.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Great stuff Matt. Bargain of the century and doesn't seem to have been too difficult to fix so far!
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2017, 08:16 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Great stuff Matt. Bargain of the century and doesn't seem to have been too difficult to fix so far!

Thanks Sam, Gloing to update with a list of jobs to fix but having time at the moment alongside family commitments and my new job is proving hard!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Love it Matt, look forward to more updates! Are you likely to make the EA meet?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Great find
Thanks given by:
Good stuff Matt. Certainly can't go too far wrong picking a rallye up for that price.

I think there is nearly as many pics of my car as yours in this thread so far lol.
Thanks given by:
No real updates to report,

Show season is now well and truly over, so i can turn my attention to some maintenance. Firstly i will be needing to tackle the headgasket failure it seems to have developed, whilst doing that i shall be replacing the water pump etc and both belts and all idlers / tensioners.

Also on the never ending list is the impending heater matrix change which i have been dreading but needs must!

So the current work through list is as follows:

Headgasket replacement
Full service
Heater matrix change
Sort front suspension knocking
Lower rear beam
Reseal blowing exhaust
Repaint arches and clean / paint underneath

So for now the rallye has been sat on the driveway only being used occasionally, will endevour to move it to the unit and begin some work asap as i want it done / working for christmas meet ideally but at least done over the winter. looks like paint will have to wait another year unfortunately!

Oh and how cool is my mini-mancave at home? (The small container i had put on the drive, neighbours must love me) lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Good to see even a small update on this, budget rallye is a winner! Are you going to do a step by step on the head gasket? Be really interesting to see this broken down. Also on the heater matrix from what I can gather it's mostly the hassle of removing the dash which if you do it little by little I reckon you'll have it out without too much fuss.

Didn't realise you were coming to the Christmas meet, you definitely have your target date to get this ready by then! Looking forward to catching up again and keep going with the Rallye, it'll be worth it.

ps. from the outside appearance that container has 'kidnap/torture chamber' written all over it ;o)
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Firstly A Ralley For 350 Quid Is A Bargain.. But secondly it does look really nice and I cant wait to see this about!
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2017, 02:40 PM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Firstly A Ralley For 350 Quid Is A Bargain.. But secondly it does look really nice and I cant wait to see this about!

i think its just photos. Its pretty peely in real life. Everyone was asking wtf happened to it at FCS... then when matt announces its 350 everyone is amazed haha
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2017, 10:34 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 02:40 PM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Firstly A Ralley For 350 Quid Is A Bargain.. But secondly it does look really nice and I cant wait to see this about!

i think its just photos. Its pretty peely in real life. Everyone was asking wtf happened to it at FCS... then when matt announces its 350 everyone is amazed haha

Oh yea, can now see the roof is quite bad. Every time I put the jet wash near my diablo red XSi another square foot of lacquer disappears!!!! The rallye is still desirable despite the paint work.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2017, 10:34 AM)Eeyore Wrote:

Im still amazed at the price im not going to lie.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
The price kinda reflected the crappy condition lol

I'm halfway through the heater matrix change, not alot else has happened other than a tree and a fence have fallen over onto it (on seperate occasions believe it or not)

Discovered some rot on the bulkhead that had previously been "repaired" had in fact just been hidden lmao so while the dash is out for the matrix change i will be having that seen too Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Action shots! I look amazingly happy for someone who has just discovered some bulkhead rot lol

Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Its the face of all rallye owners when you find rust. Its because we are all mad "FANTASTIC MORE RUST, I LOVE THIS CAR!"
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2017, 05:33 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Its the face of all rallye owners when you find rust. Its because we are all mad "FANTASTIC MORE RUST, I LOVE THIS CAR!"

yep thats pretty near the mark lmao  same face i have pulled with my black rallye many times
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,719 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 115,779 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,305 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye