Update on the 6!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on the 6!
So after taking the 6 off the road in December I've finally got round to doing something to it. With work commitments and the kids I've had no chance to spare to even start it so with my first free Sunday I've made the first big start!so alone which is a big achievement for me I've stripped it out, and much to my surprise its completely solid. Not one spec of rust! Smilebig smiles here ha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Good news! I would check the sills behind the skirts too, and the bulkhead and chassis around the engine bay - behind the pas reservoir seems to be a popular spot for them to go.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 03:44 AM)Poodle Wrote: Good news! I would check the sills behind the skirts too, and the bulkhead and chassis around the engine bay - behind the pas reservoir seems to be a popular spot for them to go.

Checked the sills no rust, the engine and everything is coming out, next job so that's my next search for rust hahaha
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Didnt realise you were so handy with a screwdriver. Best to get a project thread up if there wasnt one already!
Thanks given by:
Good work as already said Smile

Hope your not planning to put any of that un required interior back in Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 10:23 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Didnt realise you were so handy with a screwdriver. Best to get a project thread up if there wasnt one already!

Well it's the effort that stops me but I was adamant that I had to start it haha! Yeah il start one when I do something else to it hahaha! Hopefully be ready for a full spray before Christmas.

(07-08-2017, 12:34 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Good work as already said Smile

Hope your not planning to put any of that un required interior back in Wink

The driver seat is only there temporary until I get some buckets. All the rest of it including the roof lining is in the bin hahahaha
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Make sure you dont bin all the interior! Either sell it or keep it for the future. Ive got some bucket seats and sliders if you need them.
Thanks given by:
all the interior is ruined the seats are ripped and crap so no point keeping it. I was going to but it's only going to go mouldy and crappy in the shed so pointless.
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 03:20 PM)Sian Wrote: all the interior is ruined the seats are ripped and crap so no point keeping it. I was going to but it's only going to go mouldy and crappy in the shed so pointless.

are the door cards any good? Or are you keeping those?
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 03:55 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 03:20 PM)Sian Wrote: all the interior is ruined the seats are ripped and crap so no point keeping it. I was going to but it's only going to go mouldy and crappy in the shed so pointless.

Door cards are ok but there off as I'm going for wind up windows sacking the electrics off

The rear seats are ok too
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 04:05 PM)Sian Wrote:

Door cards are ok but there off as I'm going for wind up windows sacking the electrics off

sell what you can. if the door cards are going in the bin, save them and Ill have them.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you got a good one. Definitely get a project thread up! One question - what is that chunk of metal inside your driver's side rear quarter panel? I don't have that on my HDI I don't think.
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Looking good. I enjoy stripping cars less fun putting it all back in though.Are going fully on track car with no creature comforts?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2017, 04:29 PM)partybish Wrote: Sounds like you got a good one.  Definitely get a project thread up!  One question - what is that chunk of metal inside your driver's side rear quarter panel?  I don't have that on my HDI I don't think.

Got a project thread up now :Smileyeah I've been very lucky. I did buy it as a non runner haha and just drove it on since 2012 with no issues. I know it's solid underneath after I had it on the ramps. It's some sort of sensor not sure what it actually is mind ahhaha!

(07-08-2017, 06:13 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looking good. I enjoy stripping cars less fun putting it all back in though.Are going fully on track car with no creature comforts?

Yeah binned everything! Tempted to keep front carpets for grip haha! Can't decide what seats or steering wheel to go for yet. And what to do with the dash/keypad immobiliser. Door cards are off taking the electric motors for windows out as they don't work anyway.

(07-08-2017, 04:20 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 04:05 PM)Sian Wrote:

sell what you can. if the door cards are going in the bin, save them and Ill have them.
Il take some pictures of them Saturday they are half leather suede ones :Smilethe front seats are in the skip as they are fully ruined haha. Rear carpet and boot is pretty decent too
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by: