Day 1 Of the Derv-Beast Commuter challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1 Of the Derv-Beast Commuter challenge
Thats great mate, thanks for the advice.

I will definitely move it, but for now i've managed to plumb in the air filter and the MAF.

However i've ran into another problem....

With the MAF connected the car runs like crap. It is slower than before I had it remapped. As soon as I disconnect it, the car is back to normal!

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Also, when plumbing everything in, i had a look at the metal pipe that goes into the intake (manifold?) before connecting the hose to it.

The pipe had a hole in it about 2 inches down it. I put my finger in and around the hole (giggidy!) and it was full of oil.

From the hole runs a pipe to the top of the engine, the part where you pour oil in.

Is this normal?
Thanks given by:
Think yer MAF is fecked, do you know anyone else with a HDI which you could borrow the MAF for testing?. Any pics of the hole you've had your finger in (snigger) Smile
Thanks given by: Jonny-Derv-Beast
Balls! I was worried you were going to say that! No, don't have access to another MAF i'm afraid.

I haven't got any pics of the oiled hole (giggidy!) either as everything is plumbed in now. I think it might be the oil breather pipe??
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it mate. There is usually a pipe from the intake to the cam cover and one from the cam cover to the block/sump. Does it have the inlet breather blocked? The one on the cam cover will need a catch can or filter because it emits oil smoke which will eventually coat everything in the engine bay Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New diablo beast crumpy 42 9,044 29-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Last Post: crumpy
  My low and slow chequred beast Dan 10 4,449 30-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Dan