Rear beam change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear beam change
Hi there friends im new here

I have a 1996 1.6l peugeot 306 without ABS 
and i want the swap the rear beam from discs to drums. I have a Ph3 Gti6 rear beam with ABS 
What should i do with the ABS valve thet located on the axle? 
Any one dose these conversion before? 
Please halp me thank you very much?
Thanks given by:
You mean from drums to discs? Gti6s had discs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I think you're talking about the load compensator valve, which is independent of the ABS.  It adjusts the braking pressure to the rear brakes, depending on the amount of weight in the back of the car. 

Like Bash, am not totally sure what you were looking to do.  Swap existing drums on to the GTI-6 beam?  If you can clarify then I'm sure you'll get the help you're looking for.
Thanks given by:
Yeah as they've said that's probably the load compensator, make sure it's free to move and keep it on there. The only abs related thing you'll have to remove will be the sensors if they have been left in.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi everyone its nice to join into a big community for the 306.
I have drums beam Right now and i want to swap it into a disc beam the gti6 one. This is what i ment.
Thanks given by:
fit the complete beam including the load compensator, otherwise you will be locking the rear brakes under hard braking.

the drum beam will have pressure limiters integral to the wheel cylinders.

also, the gti6 beam will need a rebuild if it hasnt had one
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
So the main brake lines thet comes from the Master cylinder will get into the load compensator and from the load compensator its out the the calippers?
Thanks given by:
That's right.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Do we have a pictured guide?
Thanks given by:
This is a useful starting point. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIlufXjYQjo.

The video was done by one of the members on here. As mentioned in the vid, you will need to change the handbrake cables to disc specific ones.

If you're wanting to rebuild the GTi-6 beam, as recommended above, there are various guides on the internet.
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much friends
Thanks given by:
I only recently did my first beam change & it went ok so hopefully you'll be fine too. Keep us updated.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,248 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,379 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,458 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK