Nurburgring trip 2018

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurburgring trip 2018
Seems right. Im sure we could get more if we advertised on fb? Might have another mate who is game. Ill find out.
Thanks given by:
I personally dont think we want many more. 5/6 cars is a good number and easier to stick together when driving as a group.
Thanks given by:
Yeah true matt, also need to think about accommodation which will be easier with that kind of number
Thanks given by:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/lindner...tal;ucfs=1&

Ok this place.5 star reviews and 10mins away is a total of £71 each for 2 nights and payment is made when we get there.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
looks cool Smile We can all steam our sausages in the steam room as well. Must be a park one and not our own though!
Thanks given by:
thats where we stayed Wink good sized accommodation ours was 3 double rooms with a large lounge kitchen also had a car port
site had spa and beauty treatments for the ladies also had a small restrant
local town is not to far has a well stocked lidls and an aldi
the beer you buy from there has return deposit on the bottles Wink

Lindner is 3 km from the TF entrance of the ring your car wont be warmed by the time you get there
there is also fuel between site and ring which sells 99 octain Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Sounds perfect. We can just leave them idling for 20 minutes before we leave Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah I’m happy to oraganise. I’m off tomorrow I’ll put something together for definite and then we can get concrete numbers at the weekend everyone gets paid so we can get things booked and sorted :-D

Can all 100% interested parties PM me their phone numbers and I’ll setup a WhatsApp group ;-)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2018, 06:26 AM)Orta Wrote: Yeah I’m happy to oraganise. I’m off tomorrow I’ll put something together for definite and then we can get concrete numbers at the weekend everyone gets paid so we can get things booked and sorted :-D

Can all 100% interested parties PM me their phone numbers and I’ll setup a WhatsApp group ;-)

Messaged you
Thanks given by:
also messaged.
Thanks given by:
I’m still up for this, however will be starting a new job around then so can’t fullly commit yet.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2018, 06:26 AM)Orta Wrote: Yeah I’m happy to oraganise. I’m off tomorrow I’ll put something together for definite and then we can get concrete numbers at the weekend everyone gets paid so we can get things booked and sorted :-D

WhatsApp me if needed but think we have all the info now.ready cant wait for this lads  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sorry for delay ended up having to work. You’ll hear from me Sunday
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Conversation has now moved to the whatsapp group. Get in touch with Orta if you want to join.
Thanks given by:
Our plans have progressed nicely.

For any stragglers who come across this thread and last minute decide to join you’ll be more than welcome to join us in the ‘Ring lodge 24th, 25th and 26th’s nights but I think all beds will be taken so it’ll be a sofa but More the merrier! Josh and Hannah are just joining us for those dates so you could theoretically tag along with them and we r all headed home on the 11:50 tunnel from Calais (just a heads up for anyone who doesn’t like early starts!)

The rest of the week we’ve got a pretty itineraried (is that a word!?) jaunt thru France and Switzerland which, whilst not impossible, would be fairly tricky to get another car involved!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Cant wait for this. Its going to be Sick. Im going to make 306 OWNERS CLUB ON TOUR stickers as well Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind alternative routes for the alps as a lot of passes could still be closed at that time of year. Also you can't travel on Swiss motorways without a pass of some sort, has been a while I can't remember exactly how it worked.

WRT other activities near the ring: you can walk through the woods to sit down by the carousel or any other corner you fancy. Down the hill from the grand prix track is what remains of the sudschleife, pretty cool if you like finding 80yo bits of kerbstone in brambles and imagining careering round in over-powered tin cans on 4" wide tyres. There's also the castle, from the top of the tower you can see a lot of random short sections of the ring, which makes you realise just how huge it is. Of course there's also the tourist centre for the ring with race simulators, junk shop, car displays, etc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh apparently you can get the passes on the border so we are going to do that... just in case something happens and someone doesnt make it.

Cheers Alex. Should be a good trip Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2018, 09:14 AM)Poodle Wrote: Bear in mind alternative routes for the alps as a lot of passes could still be closed at that time of year. Also you can't travel on Swiss motorways without a pass of some sort, has been a while I can't remember exactly how it worked.

last time I passed thro Swiz, I had to buy a sticker for the screen, which I got at the border. job done like.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
just a thought guys and gals.
just read a letter in Ride magazine (bear with me here), asking about if he was covered to ride his bike round the 'Ring.
Long and short of it, he wouldn't be, and that the German authorities can be very severe with prosecutions.
please check your cover carefully to be sure before you go.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Yeah no normal insurance covers u, u can take out special ring insurance or just go really carefully lol
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I guess that depends on how much a driver is willing to cane it
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
today is the day! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Have great trip guys.  Looking forward to the write-up!
Thanks given by:
Enjoy everyone hope nothing go's wrong. If you can some videos would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Good luck, hope you all have a good time! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Its day 2 and we have all made it to Switzerland having driven 500 miles through france yesterday!
Thanks given by:
We and all the cars have made it back! Absolutely fantastic trip, take a look in my project thread for just a small smattering of the pics.

Think we'll be returning to Switzerland next year!!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Yes.was amazing probably the best holiday I've ever been on.all the car s did excellent aswell.

Big thanks for orta (tom) for organising it.you really did a fantastic job.
Thanks given by:
best trip ever. Pictures and report coming soon!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,801 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,588 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  TRAX Silverstone 8 October 2018 Booking dead line 3 September Cho99er5000 15 8,562 21-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000