Nurburgring trip 2018

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurburgring trip 2018
Hey Guys

Dates are finally up!
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events-tic...dates.html

Josh and I are really keen on coming along too, would be coming in the 205 and maybe my bike if the weather is good enough. I would love to catch the end of the 24hr race on 13th May but Im not sure if it will be mad busy after and theres a drift thing on the 18th so doesn't leave many days if the track gets closed for accidents as Cully suggests.

Also been looking on airbnb for houses and there seem quite a few options. Looks like could be up to 10 people?

Could you come in May Samwise?

H
Thanks given by:
Im sure I could do May. I will be starting work for a new client beginning of april so I guess that gives me enough time to get settled in before taking holiday.

Thoughts people?
Thanks given by:
Don’t think they are tourist dates, just Nürburgring event dates.

Thanks given by:
(14-01-2018, 06:34 PM)Silky Wrote: Don’t think they are tourist dates, just Nürburgring event dates.

My bad, thought they would be in between the event dates. hopefully they will be out soon then
Thanks given by:
Yeah I checked the tourist dates this morning and still nothing. It’s getting irritating and very un-german. They said two weeks and that’s up tomorrow. Sending another email Tuesday if still nothing
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
[Image: YOHFbX.jpg]
OMFG we have dates. 17-21st works best for me but 23 onwards could maybe work
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
The 20th isnt ideal for me but im sure I can do it if I move things around. Are we just going to ring or are we going to try and hit a few other roads as well?
Thanks given by:
I’m cool for whatever. Would like to hit that Peugeot museum and I’m for a few driver’s roads as well but if group is just after sum ring and sum beers I’m cool with that as well
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I have from the 21 to 25th off so do whatever.

Maybe drive to the museum,stay over and then on to the ring.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
21st to 25th works well for me too. If we leave on the 21st? Do we have to rent the house for a week or can you book days?
Thanks given by:
Those dates r fine with me. Need a hotel maybe half way after Peugeot museum and then onto the ring for a few nights in a house ?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2018, 10:23 PM)Orta Wrote: Those dates r fine with me. Need a hotel maybe half way after Peugeot museum and then onto the ring for a few nights in a house ?

sounds good.
Thanks given by:
Anyone else still up for this? Hoping to book at the end of this month after payday ?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I should be still up for it. I’m up for peugeot museum and a few driver’s roads if that’s the plan. Im pretty easy on when we go but we want to check what the ring is open for public driving as in the week it looks like it’s only open in the evenings.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it’s evenings only during the week. It’s a helluva lot quieter in those evenings tho

Could you get the weekend off Sam ?

Timeanddate.com says sundown is roughly 20:53 that week

An itinerary could look like:
22nd: early start & travel to Peugeot Museum - stay in hotel
23rd later starter, drive on to accommodation near the ring. Track in evening
24th: daytime open to find some driving roads around and abouts, then track in evening
25th: same as previous
26th: either drive home, or drive down into the Alps staying somewhere in Switzerland
27th: winding roundabout drive home from Switzerland

? Just an idea ?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Ok cool, yeah sounds pretty good to me. I be keen for a drive in Switzerland, though am I right in thinking you need to get some special road tax to drive there?
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2018, 01:20 PM)Frosty Wrote: I should be still up for it. I’m up for peugeot museum and a few driver’s roads if that’s the plan. Im pretty easy on when we go but we want to check what the ring is open for public driving as in the week it looks like it’s only open in the evenings.

And when the rallye breaks I can have a lift back in a comfy estate Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2018, 04:15 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(17-01-2018, 01:20 PM)Frosty Wrote: I should be still up for it. I’m up for peugeot museum and a few driver’s roads if that’s the plan. Im pretty easy on when we go but we want to check what the ring is open for public driving as in the week it looks like it’s only open in the evenings.

And when the rallye breaks I can have a lift back in a comfy estate Smile

Dunno if I would call it comfy lol
Thanks given by:
As far as I can tell we just need giant GB stickers, run with our lights on at all times and buy a €40 sticker to use their motorways

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/switzerland/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1880...order.html
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
And get the light adapters. I can cut some GB stickers on the vinyl cutter.
Thanks given by:
dont forget the other stuff you need to carry for France and Germany

http://www.halfords.com/advice/motoring/...-in-europe

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yeah triangles, hi viz, kitchen sink, etc. Rofl

For France it’s the sodding breathalysers that most folk forget. I bought a pack last year with everything in for when me and Mrs went camping in Rambouillet
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Sam? Can you get that weekend off?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2018, 04:57 PM)Orta Wrote: Yeah triangles, hi viz, kitchen sink, etc. Rofl

For France it’s the sodding breathalysers that most folk forget. I bought a pack last year with everything in for when me and Mrs went camping in Rambouillet

You dont need breathalisers. Its a legal requirement to carry them but there is also no penalty for not carrying one!
Thanks given by:

Has anyone checked this route out on G-Maps?
Thanks given by:
Did you make or find that Hannah? Would be able to save time by going from the alps to the museum unless that road is particularly good?
Thanks given by:
Hannah just typed in the destinations that were discussed. Those are google maps quickest routes so no special roads. Could definitely make it easier if the alps and Peugeot museum were done at the same time.
Thanks given by:
Whats the next plan then? Who is definitely keen?
Thanks given by:
Im game. Can we define what we actually are going to do? Im game for the ring and for the museum. 5 days and a weekend or whatever. We need to make it the right amount of time that isnt too long or expensive for people.

I really want to go but also I already organise the other club events (or try to) so Im reluctant to organise this one. I just want someone to come up with a plan. make the booking. Send some money and then do it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah im defo keen, happy to do 5/7 days. Im not great at organising this sort of thing especially as ive never been before. Orta probably has the best knowledge on this as he has been before hasn't he?

A list of who is definitely keen

Frosty
Sam Rowell
Sam Bates
Otra
Josh and Hannah

That seem about right?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,786 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,573 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  TRAX Silverstone 8 October 2018 Booking dead line 3 September Cho99er5000 15 8,520 21-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000