Nurburgring trip 2018

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurburgring trip 2018
(27-07-2017, 08:18 AM)MY95 Wrote:
(27-07-2017, 01:45 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: This for any member? Just I've never met any of you guys and you's were talking about sharing a house over there. I'm totally up for it whatever the dates!

We can drive down together mate as I live just outside Newcastle, would be nice to convoy with someone as I always drive down to events alone haha.

Any events you're going to in the future give me a DM, I'm always looking for meets and events to attend now I'm back in a 306 and as you'll know, not much happens up this way. My cars in getting a few bits painted at the minute but once I've got it back I'm free most weekends if anythings on!
Thanks given by:
Just checking in on this making sure we’re all still up for it. Who’s at the Xmas meet from this thread? We can maybe talk more, especially as by then the rings calendar for 2018 will only be a month away
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Im still up for it Smile And im at the Christmas meet so happy to discuss it there ThumbsUp
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
Im defo up for it but won't be at the christmas meet.
Thanks given by:
I'm still up for this (date depending), but would be taking the ST rather than the 306.
Thanks given by:
I’m still up for this too
Thanks given by:
ST? You mean fiesta? Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Did any of you guys chat about this at all at the christmas meet?

Guess we need to decide on rough dates that would suit people and how long we want to go for? Whether we go in the week or over a weekend. Obviously can't decide exactly till they release the dates for the ring next year.
Thanks given by:
oh hey. yeh we did. orta seems to be taking the lead. Ring dates arent released until the new year so we have a vague idea we want to go in mid may and probably a thursday to wednesday kind of thing. Need to check what the dates are. Its 8-9 hours driving I believe.

Plan as said before is to rent a house instead of hoteling it and having a kitchen should make it cheaper by being able to cook ourselves.
Thanks given by:
Ok so found this place 10mins away from track.
Sleeps 6 people,i dunno how manner people are 100 percent but i now its me,sam and orta atm.

Here the link  
https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/lindner...tal;ucfs=1

Works out at £149 a person for 5 nights 

Friday 18th may to Wednesday 23 may.

Need  to double check the ring open times but its a start.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Ok cool, yeah im pretty much a definite as is my95 i think. I do think we may want to find somewhere a bit bigger though as i can see there being more than 6 but we will have to wait and see who is definitely in.
Thanks given by:
5 nights is longer than I was wanting to go for, but will keep an eye on the thread and see what happens. 3 nights is easily enough for plenty laps and cheaper.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2017, 09:50 PM)MY95 Wrote: 5 nights is longer than I was wanting to go for, but will keep an eye on the thread and see what happens. 3 nights is easily enough for plenty laps and cheaper.

I do kind of agree, i personally dunno how much other stuff there is to do there or close by. 

What about staying 1 night in france and going to the peugeot museum?
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2017, 08:56 PM)Frosty Wrote: Ok cool, yeah im pretty much a definite as is my95 i think. I do think we may want to find somewhere a bit bigger though as i can see there being more than 6 but we will have to wait and see who is definitely in.

For 8 people friday-monday same place is £113 each 

In open to whatever people want to do.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2017, 07:35 AM)Frosty Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 09:50 PM)MY95 Wrote: 5 nights is longer than I was wanting to go for, but will keep an eye on the thread and see what happens. 3 nights is easily enough for plenty laps and cheaper.

I do kind of agree, i personally dunno how much other stuff there is to do there or close by. 

What about staying 1 night in france and going to the peugeot museum?

That is a very good shout Frosty - +1 to this.
Thanks given by:
yeh im game if its not too far out of the way.
Thanks given by:
FYI

Dunkirk > Adenau > Dunkirk = approx 500miles
Dunkirk > Adenau > Peugeot Museum > Dunkirk = approx 1000miles

Thanks given by:
We’re thinking mid May at the minute, but like Eeyore says the dates aren’t released by the circuit until then. I’m happy with however many days we go, but weekends are tricky for track time as events obviously tend to be the weekend and it gets very crowded. Happy to go a long weekend if others can’t do weekdays, but weekdays will be significantly quieter.

I’m Defo up for Peugeot museum. At the very least it’ll be an epic photo op!

Anyone up for going the long way home thru Switzerland?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
you need more than 3 days at the ring as when we went it was shut 2 days out the 5 due to accidents

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Got the depressing news that my colleague has booked a range of about 15 days off in May surrounding 3 of the weekends ThumbsDown  So looks like il have to drop out of this now Undecided
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2017, 04:38 PM)cully Wrote: you need more than 3 days at the ring as when we went it was shut 2 days out the 5 due to accidents

Ah yeah that is a good point, is there much other stuff to do at the ring or near by if the track does get closed for a while?

(07-12-2017, 02:34 PM)Orta Wrote: We’re thinking mid May at the minute, but like Eeyore says the dates aren’t released by the circuit until then. I’m happy with however many days we go, but weekends are tricky for track time as events obviously tend to be the weekend and it gets very crowded. Happy to go a long weekend if others can’t do weekdays, but weekdays will be significantly quieter.

I’m Defo up for Peugeot museum. At the very least it’ll be an epic photo op!

Anyone up for going the long way home thru Switzerland?

I'm pretty easy on whether we go in the week or over a weekend. We will have to wait for dates and see what suits us best.

Yeah i think we should defo try and do the peugeot museum. I be up for a drive through Switzerland as well, depending what other people are up for we could do a bit of driving round europe? Depends if we want to keep this as mainly a ring trip or bit of a euro trip?
Thanks given by:
Only a few days left until we finally get dates gents!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Ive got 11 days holiday to use before april 6th. If there is any chance of going early march that would be ideal for me.
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2017, 09:57 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Ive got 11 days holiday to use before april 6th. If there is any chance of going early march that would be ideal for me.

Dont think i'd be able to go march as wont have my car done in time Sad
Thanks given by:
Sorry dude I used most of my holiday for America I’ll need my next years allocation!

Found this at back of PFC, we should get pics and someone do a write up

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I had seen this in one of the mags but not had chance to have a proper read yet. What months was it in?
Thanks given by:
Last month’s. Good bit in the back there that says they’ll feature club road trips!!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Theyll feature anything if it has decent photos and writeup. I just havent pulled my finger out yet to do anything on the club.
Thanks given by:
Still no dates on the ring website. So have sent another email chasing. Did try ringing one of the numbers but it’s a recording and all the options were In German
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Had an email back saying it’ll be another 2 week’s before dates are released.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,786 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,573 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  TRAX Silverstone 8 October 2018 Booking dead line 3 September Cho99er5000 15 8,520 21-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000