Sump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sump
Thumbs Down 
Hi,

So last night I put a nice 7" hole in my sump, got a new one on order and will be fitted soon, engine still works fine. Was wondering what can I get to install such as a sump gaurd or anything that will protect it? 

As we all know 306 engines sump sit lower than most of the car and because the car is lowered it causes me lots of issues, so what can people recommend? And nothing that is weak and will not protect the sump
Thanks given by:
Some 306s did come with under trays but if the sump is getting hit hard enough to damage it i can't see a plastic under tray being much help. I guess it may have to be a custom job to make one or just drive accordingly where you know the sump maybe close to the ground.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 12:09 PM)Frosty Wrote: Some 306s did come with under trays but if the sump is getting hit hard enough to damage it i can't see a plastic under tray being much help. I guess it may have to be a custom job to make one or just drive accordingly where you know the sump maybe close to the ground.

I know the plastic ones, just curious on how rally cars get away with big air leaps and not damaging anything? They got engine raisers or must have something to stop them getting damaged
Thanks given by:
tin sumps are slightly shallower, though they can be a git to seal sometimes. plus tin would bend rather than crack like than the alloy one.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 12:11 PM)Ben_Holden_ Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 12:09 PM)Frosty Wrote: Some 306s did come with under trays but if the sump is getting hit hard enough to damage it i can't see a plastic under tray being much help. I guess it may have to be a custom job to make one or just drive accordingly where you know the sump maybe close to the ground.

I know the plastic ones, just curious on how rally cars get away with big air leaps and not damaging anything? They got engine raisers or must have something to stop them getting damaged

They aren't wet sumped - they're dry sumped and the oil is scavenged back into a tank.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
try these,
https://www.sump-guard.co.uk/steel-sump-...-1997-2004

I may do too. (council here loves humps)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 03:55 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: try these,

Absolutely perfect! ? Thank you so much!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2017, 04:03 PM)Ben_Holden_ Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 03:55 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: try these,

Absolutely perfect! ? Thank you so much!

that's how the club rolls Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: