Diagnostics gubbins/mapping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diagnostics gubbins/mapping
Place mouse over the value you want to select, click, drag forwards one value then back, value you want to select as a map should be selected in a colour. Then press 'k' or go to Selection > Selection -> Map

HTH
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Perfect thanks Ruan, being 1x1 will mean the previous number is not the axis description so should look like this in text mode?

Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
No, it shouldn't try and use the previous value as an axis. You'd probably get it to do that by setting the column width etc but I suspect it'll fail as it's looking for a correct axis layout which won't exist. If it does, you can remove that by double clicking on the axis labels and selecting the data source as '1,2,3...' and it'll just label each data point sequentially from 0.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
It come up with a box stating that 'The previous value could be axis data, would you like to add it' or something along those lines. It's funny when you search through the mapping forums most of the people looking for EDC15C2 Info are/were members on here. I'm surprised it's not brought up more.....
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, well, which case if it's a single value, it's highly unlikely to have axis data behind it.

Yep, there's always the usual names you'll see floating around when talking about EDC15C2. In honesty though, I've learnt more from threads about other controllers and how they do it and then figuring out how EDC15C2 does it.
Thanks given by:
That's interesting because once I feel happy with my map list I was planning on drawing out a table which 'should' show what happens when you start the engine, idle, floor it etc...... I'd imagine once you map out the sequence it should make tuning it a lot more straight forward.
Thanks given by:
Best thing you can do is to start reading the EDC15C/+/VM+ Funktionsbeschreibung. There's a few variants kicking around, one in English too if you search for it, they explain how particular versions of the ECUs work. Also my best advice is to ignore what other people call maps and describe how they work and read the official documentation... The amount of times I've read bits and bobs and think I understand how it works only to really read the documentation well and realise it's quite different. Once you start reading those documents, you'll begin to understand how it all goes together.

Basically as always, if you want to understand how it works, you'll read all about how it works and start to understand it and you'll spend a huge amount of time on understanding it and a lot of money on kit to allow that. If you want a remap, it's easier and overall cheaper to find and pay someone to do it...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the tip, I had already downloaded the Bosch Funktionsbeschreibung for EDC15 but it's in German. Although it's a bit of a chore translating a 500 odd page German technical document it's not impossible. Now I know there is an English version I will start the search for that Big Grin

I want a remap but I want to do it myself, learning this stuff is fun and interesting for me and eventually I do have some unusual tuning ideas I'd like to try so being able to competently map the ECU is a must in my book.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All the gubbins between turbo and back box Orta 5 1,267 05-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Hdi mapping software/vnt ecu control Chris306 14 3,762 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  New Laptop = Mapping Time. Dodgy Bob 12 2,636 29-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Kwik