Scrapping a Rallye?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrapping a Rallye?
Just got a message from my brother who's at home saying someone came to the door and asked if he could buy the 306 Meridian and the Black Rallye sat on the drive to scrap them

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

The answer was obviously NO

I wonder if he knew what the Rallye was and just wanted to get it cheap or if he was genuinely going to scrap it ahah
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
Be careful. Sometimes the vehicles are then stolen in the coming weeks if criminals are aware of them and been unsuccessful in getting them for very cheap.

I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it is worth being vigilant as it is not unknown for that to happen.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
as above! box them in or they will be lifted and gone

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yeah, the price of scrap is on the up again making it worth nicking again, for me it's back at £80/tonne (light iron) whereas just 18 months ago it was just £35/tonne.
Thanks given by:
Ahh okay cheers for this lads

There's been a guy with a transit and a trailer eyeing up a focus rs in wells which is fairly close by so I'll keep an eye on them can't block them in whilst my mums at work but otherwise they will be blocked in

Might sound a little stupid here if there's no wheels on them will they be able to take them? like how do they get them?
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
Recovery truck drag em on and gone see videos only takes 30 seconds
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
No wheels won't stop them if they want it.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2017, 10:37 PM)wainwrightj Wrote: Might sound a little stupid here if there's no wheels on them will they be able to take them? like how do they get them?

Lol they were stealing caravans from a locked enclosure around here without opening the gates

CCTV caught them craning them over a high fence with a lorry jib

if they want them they will take them what ever is in the way
its up to you to make it more difficult for the opportunist Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Justt wire the mains to the body of the car. If they touch it theyre gonna get a shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 08:18 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Justt wire the mains to the body of the car. If they touch it theyre gonna get a shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rust isn't conductive  Rofl Rofl
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
You could get a ground anchor like for motorbikes and chain the car to it either round the beam tube, sub frame or front cross member, they'd have to start cutting stuff to get the car out and that would deter the opportunists.

If you want to ensure the rallye doesn't get stolen from you you could sell it to me and I'll keep her safe here Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 11:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you want to ensure the rallye doesn't get stolen from you you could sell it to me and I'll keep her safe here Big Grin

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl 
Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
So very well known for your care of the Rallye

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24936]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24937]
Thanks given by:
I'd be locking it up. Prices for rallyes are in the rise also so be carefull
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 01:16 PM)Matt Wrote: I'd be locking it up. Prices for rallyes are in the rise also so be carefull

I wish I could but the garage is full of stuff and even if it weren't my dad would have it for his car, I normally don't put it on the drive anyways I park it on the road which is even scarier pahah

(04-07-2017, 12:30 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: So very well known for your care of the Rallye

I'm hoping this was a sudden flash flood and not an 'I'll get through that' moment
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 12:30 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: So very well known for your care of the Rallye

Nooooo! not the Rallye specific cloth!  TMI
Thanks given by:
The whole car was scrap, never mind the cloth!
He forgot he wasn't driving the Ranger I think.
Or something.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 06:10 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: The whole car was scrap, never mind the cloth!
He forgot he wasn't driving the Ranger I think.
Or something.

On the plus side, the value of cared for rallyes will go up as numbers go down  Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2017, 08:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah, the price of scrap is on the up again making it worth nicking again, for me it's back at £80/tonne (light iron) whereas just 18 months ago it was just £35/tonne.

We took a car in on monday and only got £40/tonne down this way Sad
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2017, 12:09 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 08:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah, the price of scrap is on the up again making it worth nicking again, for me it's back at £80/tonne (light iron) whereas just 18 months ago it was just £35/tonne.

Shit that sucks!
Think I still have a receipt for £200/tonne about 7 years ago!!!!!!
Thanks given by:

Thats terrible, did they take loads off for things like tyres, interior etc??
It's been 60 or above for quite some time now, prices have been slowly on the rise since last year?

(05-07-2017, 12:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Shit that sucks!
Think I still have a receipt for £200/tonne about 7 years ago!!!!!!

Wow that was top money even back in the day for normal iron.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving in and scrapping the Pug Pughawk 7 3,419 29-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Martin306