Front ARB Bushes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front ARB Bushes
Hello all I am currently fitting new Front arms to my GTI-6 whilst doing this I thought about replacing the ARB Bushes as they are 17 years old and done 114k.

Is it worth it as I have seen threads they are poly from Factory also are they a pain to change over do you require any grease etc?
Thanks given by:
Im sure a bit of grease wouldnt hurt. I havent really heard of anyone replacing theirs. Should be fairly easy to do.
Thanks given by:
Had mine replaced at 165k miles, and they were still fine, definately worth doing to freshen up the front end though.
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2017, 11:56 AM)MY95 Wrote: Had mine replaced at 165k miles, and they were still fine, definately worth doing to freshen up the front end though.

notice any difference at all?
Thanks given by:
Hard to tell Sam, had the full front end suspension replaced at the same time, but probably.
Thanks given by:
I replaced mine. The old ones barely looked worn.

I wouldn't bother as it is very fiddly, and they are indeed poly from factory.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the input guys I have had a look and they don't look great Lemforder ones are cheap enough so whilst I have the arms off I will change these out to. Any tips for removing them I see they fit in a specific position.
Thanks given by:
Removing them is ok, once the droplinks are disconnected you can wiggle the ARB a lot. Refitting them is tricky, the brackets holding them down bolt down to the subframe through the p-bush as I am sure you can see.

The rear of the bracket just has a hook on it. It is difficult to get this hook in, and then pull the front down enough to get it through the bolt.

With the subframe off I imagine it is easy to build it all up and then put the whole assembly on the car. With it fitted the clearance isn't great. It is possible, just a PITA, but then I never was good at fiddly things!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info im sure I will have fun with this over the weekend.
Thanks given by:
Well new ARB Bushes fitted very fiddly but with patience they are not too bad. The drivers side one was knackered passenger side still stiff.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,075 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
Rainbow Front arb bushes sizes Welshy_Pete 0 805 22-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  Front anti-roll bar bushes Ben 22 6,301 18-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Last Post: puglove