torsion bar removal tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
torsion bar removal tool
So ill be doing another torsion bar soon. This will be my 103948575th one ive done now and i still dont have a bloody tool to pull the bars. I usually make a bodged up puller then heat and hit all in one hit. Is there an actual tool? I dont like slide hammers they are to violent for it imo. Any links, suggestions etc. If not ill weld up another puller and actually make a good one this time.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Threaded bar, large socket, washers n nuts - any specific tool is jus a glorified version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
I have a tool that looks like this. I bought it about 3 years ago £50 and never used it. If you what it I can bring it to pugfest for you. [Image: cc81697857c0ef8cc28fcf6f1c446b8d.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Lol - pretty much hit the nail on the head there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2017, 07:15 PM)Cho99er5000 Wrote: I have a tool that looks like this. I bought it about 3 years ago £50 and never used it. If you what it I can bring it to pugfest for you. [Image: cc81697857c0ef8cc28fcf6f1c446b8d.jpg]

Pretty much what ive migged up in the past. I think this time though i need some high grade steel. used 10.1 (i think) last time ill see if i can buy anything a bit stronger this time as ive snapped them in the past. Also im not going to pugfest Sad
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I can post it. I very much think you wouldn't break this it's sold not bodge to gever properly made using a lave. Don't use a slide hammer for this. I don't want anything for it I'll never use it
Thanks given by:
id rather break medium tensile bolts than strip the threads in the torsion bars tbh
Thanks given by:
If bash doesn't want it, I'll take it pls
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Already messaged him. Saves me making one at the end of the day.

Thanks given by:
never managed to strip the threads in a torsion bar, however have snapped quite a few studs trying to pull the torsion bars out.

these days I don't bother messing about, knock the arms off and if the torsion bar stays in use the press to ping them out.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch alignment tool DeeTurbo 12 2,396 01-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Last Post: BiG K
  rear torsion bar removal zx_volcane 10 3,181 04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane