306 2.0 XSI Values

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 2.0 XSI Values
Thumbs Up 
Hi.

New member here.

I am after a bit of information on the values of 2.0 XSI's.

There appear to be hardly any for sale.

Obviously I understand they will never be as desirable as the GTI6 but roughly what are they worth.

I have a Silver 1998 2.0 3dr XSI.

It has 112k.

It has a full service history (pretty rare from what i've seen).

It was owned by the same family from new up until this year.

It has just had a full service including spark plugs, oil & filter, air filter, fuel filter and a coolant flush.

It drives absolutely faultlessly.

Bodywork wise it is far from perfect. Your usual dints, lacquer peel etc. It would make a great base for somebody that wanted to make one perfect. I bought it due to the history the car has and how well it drives. It has clearly been very well looked after mechanically.

Roughly what would it be worth? They are pretty hard to value with there being so little of them for sale.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I'll take a chance on it for £500[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Value is most likely to depend on the amount of MOT left on it and what part of the country it's located in.

I've seen similar advertised anywhere from £200-£1200 although I'd reckon a fair ball park would be £600-£800.
Thanks given by:
Has this been yours for a while or bought from Gumtree?

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2017, 08:12 PM)Silky Wrote: Has this been yours for a while or bought from Gumtree?

Recently purchased from gumtree.

I don't really have any intention to sell. I purchased the car as a bit of fun and mainly a bit of nostalgia (I owned a 306 XSI a few years ago)!

I have an E46 M3 as my daily driver but one of my very good friends is very into his Peugeots so I couldn't really say no to it when I saw it.

I was very shocked to see that there are practically no XSI's for sale.

When I had my previous one (probably about 7-8 years ago) there were loads of the things for sale!

I am just curious as to whether they are worth anything with there being so little for sale Smile
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately 306's (other than a GTI6/Rallye) are worth very little these days. They drive so well which is a shame, and one of the reasons to keep it, plus with the low running costs, even when things repeatedly break on you.
Thanks given by:
I'd say not worth very much these days. I've got several XSi's. I have them because I like the way they drive - reasonably torquey engine that's happy at low Revs but has a bit of poke when you wind it up. It's no GTI-6 though n doubt it will ever come close to those values.

Most I paid for one was £800 but it has a spotless interior with leather seats, had some expensive parts that had just been replaced, & came with a box of new parts (one which I needed on another car) worth about £300.

I've seen some people advertising XSi's for stupid money (£1200-£1400). Knowing how much would need sorting on any that hasn't been owned by an enthusiast then £600-£700 might be reasonable for a seemingly very very well looked after one.

Btw, according to 'How Many Left' there are 400 or so XSi's still being taxed. I assume most of those are 16v versions as very rarely see a phase 1 on the road. At their peak there were 13,000.  So becoming increasingly rare, yes. Rarity and value don't necessarily come together.
Thanks given by:
If it were a phase 1 8 valver and was in good nick with sensible miles and only 3 doors you could probably get 600-800. 

A late plate phase 3 with sensible miles maybe max 800-900. You've got the most undesirable phase 2, of the condition is ok I'd say 500-750. Dependent, as said before, on length of MOT
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
It could be a phase 2.5, like my S reg, which has colour matched bumpers & wing mirrors (ph3), ph2 boot, IR plip (ph2), ph3 injectors & cam covers, ph2 dash dials! It's confused about its identity!!
Thanks given by:
I persoanlly have a soft spot for phase 2s as thats what i started with in the 306 scene. As for valuations people have been pretty bang on. In fact my boss has got one for sale at the moment for £800. When i get some spare money. (could be a fair while as yet) ill be buying an xsi of some description. not to use but i just want a good 3 door shell and they seem to be the most abundant cheapest option to get the shell i want before prices start going up to much.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
P1 is where I'd want to be. A nice 3dr, non sunny 8v would do me. Always thought P1 was better.

Next choice a China of Astor 16v P3

Thanks given by:
(25-06-2017, 06:08 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I persoanlly have a soft spot for phase 2s as thats what i started with in the 306 scene ....

Yea, I like the phase 2's. The black plastic trim can look a bit shabby but shouts 1990's car, which is what the 306 is. It's also reminiscent of previous Pug classics.
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2017, 06:08 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I persoanlly have a soft spot for phase 2s as thats what i started with in the 306 scene. As for valuations people have been pretty bang on. In fact my boss has got one for sale at the moment for £800. When i get some spare money. (could be a fair while as yet) ill be buying an xsi of some description. not to use but i just want a good 3 door shell and they seem to be the most abundant cheapest option to get the shell i want before prices start going up to much.

No spare £350 down the back of the sofa? This is even in your favourite colour Bash! https://www.gumtree.com/p/peugeot/peugeo...1251661026
Thanks given by: