306 d turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 d turbo
OK so I'm knew here I have 1997 pug 306 d turbo so I blew the control out the bottom of the engine so I'm buy a knew one today just wondering be for I try to fit Said engine if I will have to swap over the auxiliaries and if some body had some sort of guid to changing the lump please feEl free to Let me no cheers guys puglove95
Thanks given by:
Erm a few things. One im going to assume that this is an xud. (1.9 turbo diesel) so ive moved the thread to the correct section. Im also assuming this as its a thrown rod and 1997 which was the last year they made them before they swapped to hdi. Heads up for yourself Dturbo is a trim level has nothing to do with what engine.

Now we have that out the way the helpful bit. Where did you get the new engine? Is it from the same sorta year and model spec. If so short guide is how i do all of mine.

Remove front end including rad and everything. (takes around 20 mins if you havent done it beofre)
unplug wiring harness on chassis leg
remove heater matrix pipes (id advise undoing them from the block its a bit of a farce but its worse if you break the heater matrix.
Remove fuel lines on the left hand side of the bay
Remove driveshafts (watch out as one of them is bolted in)
disconnect exhaust
yank the engine out with suitable equipment

Obviously this isnt step by step but most other bits are common sense to be honest. Record for removing a full engine box for me is 1.45 mins. but ive done it loads and had a full workshop ramps etc. Expect it to take 4 hours first time on removal.

As for anncilireis have a look if they are the same. If they arent then its easy enough to remove all of them and swap them over as the bracket that bolts to the engine lines up on all xud models allowing you to swap different setups etc.

Hope this helps somewhat

Bash
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2017, 03:35 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Erm a few things. One im going to assume that this is an xud. (1.9 turbo diesel) so ive moved the thread to the correct section. Im also assuming this as its a thrown rod and 1997 which was the last year they made them before they swapped to hdi. Heads up for yourself Dturbo is a trim level has nothing to do with what engine.

Now we have that out the way the helpful bit. Where did you get the new engine? Is it from the same sorta year and model spec. If so short guide is how i do all of mine.

Remove front end including rad and everything. (takes around 20 mins if you havent done it beofre)
unplug wiring harness on chassis leg
remove heater matrix pipes (id advise undoing them from the block its a bit of a farce but its worse if you break the heater matrix.
Remove fuel lines on the left hand side of the bay
Remove driveshafts (watch out as one of them is bolted in)
disconnect exhaust
yank the engine out with suitable equipment

Obviously this isnt step by step but most other bits are common sense to be honest. Record for removing a full engine box for me is 1.45 mins. but ive done it loads and had a full workshop ramps etc. Expect it to take 4 hours first time on removal.

As for anncilireis have a look if they are the same. If they arent then its easy enough to remove all of them and swap them over as the bracket that bolts to the engine lines up on all xud models allowing you to swap different setups etc.

Hope this helps somewhat

Bash

I'm hoping that tomorrow I can get my engine out I bought the engine from a pug breakers in East Wales and the starter motor won't turn over so I'm gonna swap mine on to it tomorrow hopefully I aparen't have to swap over the stop solonoid from the one on to knew one I'm on about on the fule pumps mine are lucas so until I know for sure that my knew engine starts and runs I won't be putting it in is it possible to start it with out it being in the car as the guy I bought it fron say's so I thought not tho thanks by the way I'm really in to theesee cars just need some help
Thanks given by:
So I got my knew engine yesterday and turns out the starter motor is naff soo I gotta swap that also before fitting my engine I now have to fit a knew cam belt as I got told by the guy I bought it off so I got a few bits to do and absolutely no clue of how to do it lol 
So I guess I'm gonna start by stripping my old engine that's stage one today is gonna be fun lol lots of oil from the con rod so I'll update again tomorow cheer's for your guide bash 

AAny tips on cam belt change wEl come wont be doing that until tomorrow after I buy one
Thanks given by:
Erm leave the starter motor off to gain access to the flywheel pin and the pump and cam are
Fairly self explanatory its just an m8 1.25 bolt in each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2017, 03:08 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Erm leave the starter motor off to gain access to the flywheel pin and the pump and cam are
Fairly self explanatory its just an m8 1.25 bolt in each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo I've got most of the important stuff out of the way I've got until Tues day before its going to the garage for knew engine to be fitted soo 

Imy athe yet another problem the power steering pup pipe that runs beneath the engine I have 2 very seized nuts on both ends 20 year old cars for you lol any one got some advice on how I can take this pipe off would be great and also I can't lift the engine out as I don't have a hoist to do it so the alternative is drop the lump to the floor 

A's I said I'm knew to this so I apologise for all the silly question's

Oh and I'm now bot bothering with cam belt the garage is going to sort it out Tuesday morning I did try but got a little stressed out thinking I had messed up my timing but I haven't removed the belt so it's fine thank God
Thanks given by: