Cycling

Poll: What bike do you own?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mountain Bike
33.33%
3 33.33%
Hybrid
22.22%
2 22.22%
Road Bike
22.22%
2 22.22%
Motorbike
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycling
So who is into cycling on the forum then or has a bike? Would be interesting to see if there are any keen cyclists on the forum! So my current stable includes:

1. 2013 Boardman Comp Mountain Bike in White (1x9 upgrade, Deore brakes, Sram X7 etc)
2. 2013 Boardman Comp Hybrid in White (current road bike)

Shortly buying a proper road bike for a few cycling events/club runs: 2012 Giant Defy 1 Full 105 spec
Enjoy both trail centres and anything up to 100 mile road rides at the moment!
Thanks given by:
Love cycling. I have two Sinclair c5s.
Thanks given by: MY95
I'm a very keen cyclist, I'm in the process of cutting my collection of what was 7 bikes down to 4.

I have a really cheap 20" folding bike that I take into London some days for my commute.
No pics of that.

This is my Kona Stab Down hill bike (at the top of the Fort William Downhill track) I built it from the frame up, there's a few bits I'd like to upgrade but it's a phenomenal bit of kit, 8" travel, huge brakes and weighs a ton but it's possibly my favorite.

This is my 2015 Pinnacle Arksoe Four, another toy that was bought for commuting but it's over 30 miles to work so I don't ride in often. Have got into the top 10 of a few strava segments and hit nearly 50mph on it. The only upgrades are a shorter stem, the pannier rack and some slick tyres.

And this is my baby! Intense Sabot Pro Cruiser, again a ground up build but 10 years ago now. It was absolutely top spec and built to win on the national series and it did win occasionally. Best finish in the national series was 7th (missed out on 6th by half a point). It was pretty much the first Sabot ProCR imported into the country too.

I bought a bike once!
think its still in the shed

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I have a Peugeot hybrid which i mostly use to get to the local watering hole 

(17-06-2017, 11:01 PM)Doseph Wrote: I have a Peugeot hybrid which i mostly use to get to the local watering hole 

Thats pretty cool! How olds it?
Thanks given by:
Love riding my bike, I've got a Ribble stealth r872, a Boardman cx team and a Felt tk2 track bike in the stable (at the moment 😈Wink 😀

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk
Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2017, 10:37 PM)cully Wrote: I bought a bike once!
think its still in the shed

Rofl lmao
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
yep.

im a bike mechanic 

Giant TCR Advanced isp, dura ace, mavic aksium wheelset.

Giant VT, XTR/XT mix, mavic crossmax st, fox rp23 shock rc36 160mm fork.

Giant TCX dura ace ultegra TA mix, mavic rims shimano hubs.

Peugeot cx bike reynolds 753, dura ace ultegra random mix, mavic rims shimano hubs.

Pinarello steel track frame miche crankset and hubs mavic rims carbon pinarello fork.

mid 90's giant peloton 4130 cromo, dura ace/ultegra mix mavic rims shimano hubs.

massi aluminium mtb frame lx/xt mix fox forks mavic crossmax sl.

GT Dyno beach cruiser.

Some random belgian aluminium 3 speed hybrid thing on sturmey archer drum brakes.

got a couple more frames knocking about

race wheels are zipp 440  deep section carbon rims tubular tyres on old school hope Ti hubs bladed spokes, and some very light ambrosio aluminium rims on silky smooth shimano 600 hubs, 28 spoke.

all built by myself, including the hand built wheels.

poll needs more options lol
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
That'll take some beating Welshpug!

1) Kinesis Decade steel MTB frame with mix of XT and Deore parts, Rockshox Recon 351's set at 130mm travel (now nearly 10 years old), Mavic 717 disc rims

2) Kinesis Maxlight with Formula brakes & mix of XT/Deore other parts, Rockshox Reba SL's (120mm), Mavic 717 disc Rims

3) A commuter/hack built around a Beone frame with some cheapish/old parts but nice Surly rigid forks.

4) A commuter/hack built around a Schwinn frame with cheapish parts (7 speed and still on V brakes)

That's it.  All were built myself.  I did reach 7 bikes at one point in the past but realised it was time to rationalise when I was spending far more time fettling them than I was riding them.  I'm afraid these days all the above see the light of day a lot less than they should.  I spend too much of my time fixing cars!
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2017, 11:16 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(17-06-2017, 11:01 PM)Doseph Wrote: I have a Peugeot hybrid which i mostly use to get to the local watering hole 

Thats pretty cool! How olds it?

I think around the 90s, i had a look and i cant see anything that says when it was made
Thanks given by:

Norco Sight here. Heading over to Morzine on it for a week next month. Can't wait!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
i had this bike when i was growing up.

[Image: men-s-apollo-outrage-26-bike-15294778-1_...8c58a7b811]
Hard core stuff Niall - hope you're packing the body armour.

Eyore, definitely don't try taking your bike to Morzine!
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2017, 09:47 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: Hard core stuff Niall - hope you're packing the body armour.

Eyore, definitely don't try taking your bike to Morzine!

cant go in without protection Wink
D3 Carbon

Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: