2.0 Hdi turbo choices/upgrades

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.0 Hdi turbo choices/upgrades
Hi everyone. First post in the community.
I'd like some advice on what choices I have with upgrading the standard Hdi turbo. Either something 'custom' with an almost near perfect flange fitment or a built for the job hybrid turbo.
I'm in the process of building a 2.5 stainless straight through from the manifold back and will match an intercooler to meet requirements. Only other thing is to speak to Hdi Tuning about ecu set up.
I have the benefit of owning my own shop, we cover mechanical, paint and fabrication so very lucky to have no issues with equipment etc. I did debate about building a custom manifold and top mounting a turbo and relocate the battery but have decided that it's a little too extreme and better to stick to some proven mods.
Appreciate any help in advance[THUMBS UP SIGN]?[THUMBS UP SIGN]?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
space is quite limited, but definately get on the blower to Jonny or poodle from Derv Developments.

they are in the process of sorting some very shiny upgrades..

other than that its a case of "what will fit" IHI RHF5 for example is a tight fit,

obviously box mounting comes with various shiny options such as a larger VNT setup (GTb2056v etc) but with a fab shop the sky is really your limit.. go crazy, and then speak to Steve and HDi tuning to map you a nice map

VNT is doable from the standard ECU as well with the appropriate map
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
As toseland says really. Space is tight not many things fit down the back. Almost all need adpator plates. I hear the gt18v off some renault meganes apprently fits the mani but the information is sketchy at best. Frosty and justin both run gt20s which are good and fit as well. But wih a fab shot go nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It all depends on your budget and whether you want to go VNT.

Best option is pay for a custom built hybrid, something like a K03S or GT2052 into the housing of a standard 306 turbocharger.
Thanks given by:
the issue isnt so much price for the VNT, in some cases they are cheaper than the nonvnt turbos, especially something like the GTB2056v,

the price will be in the map.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
The renault gt1852v would be very difficult to make fit thanks to the shape of the compressor outlet. Personally i think your best bet is to make an adapter plate between the exhaust manifold and turbo, there are several project cars on here successfully using that method. As others have said there are several rhf5 and gt20 variants that fit in the limited space without too much modification of other parts. The usual issues are clearance to gear selector arm pivot on the subframe and egr port on the exhaust mani, fairly easily solved with a bit of cutting and welding.

I think hybrid turbos are far from ideal since they must be mated to a standard exhaust housing, yet the exhaust housing is a major part of what restricts gas flow through the engine and therefore power. The issue usually seen when tuning these engines to "stage 2" and beyond is exhaust back-pressure, why would you pay a lot of money to fit a turbo that doesn't solve that problem? If the exhaust can't flow it doesn't matter what the inlet might be capable of.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo choices please help conorpierce 5 1,312 23-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Piggy
Bug HDI Upgrades Josh1994 2 1,222 04-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  Reliability upgrades. Heidi 1 1,126 24-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum