Massive oil leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive oil leak
Hi all. Driving my xud9te down the motorway and the stop light came on. After stopping and letting it cool, I inspected it and there is oil all over the underside of the car and up the rear doors and wheels. It looks like an oil hose has been rubbing on another hose, causing it to split and loose all its oil. I should this something common or is there somewhere else I should look before fixing this pipe for it to still have the same problem.... if I can't  find the fault, the car will be going to the scrappy.
Thanks given by:
not common no, where is the pipe off the turbo?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2017, 08:22 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: not common no, where is the pipe off the turbo?

That is next on the list to check.

Also, it ran hot and will now struggle to start, although it does eventually. Could this be down to no oil pressure? Cheers
Thanks given by:
how hot do you call hot?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2017, 10:59 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: how hot do you call hot?

It didn't seem too hot but the engine felt like it wanted to seize. It did cut out when I dipped the clutch.
Thanks given by:
Probably oil return from turbo - rubbed on driveshaft somehow possibly and shat it's oil up the back of the car.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yes, not advisable at all to start, let alone attempt to drive.

Get it towed, hopefully you caught it in time before any damage done. Get leak fixed, and fill with oil.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Found the problem. There is a pipe coming off the bottom of the block. Just above the sump. It is some flexi pipe which runs for about 5" before connecting to a solid pipe which runs up the block. Well the flexi pipe has split. I presume it's not the right type of pipe for the job and broke the rubber down from the inside. I'll replace that, fill with oil, charge battery then try again. Thanks for the comments guys.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the turbo oil return to me

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Massive belt squeal Nathan1305 3 1,122 12-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,868 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug