Gti calipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti calipers
I think Welshpug said that the Lucas pads were cheaper than the Bosch pads and I'm assuming that he was referring to the GTi-6 calipers, not specifically the ones fitted to an XSi with 266mm discs.  Like I said before, I'm happy enough with 266's but reading back through the thread you'll see most members (with much more experience than me) are suggesting you won't regret going for the 283's.  I'm sure some people on here will help you track some down if you're finding it difficult.

Whatever you do I'm guessing you should match the master cylinder to the caliper setup.  I am sure I read somewhere that you'll get excessive pedal travel if you fit a caliper with a bigger piston without changing the master cylinder, but I'm starting to doubt my own knowledge.  i.e best wait for one of the more experienced members to comment.  (They have a 23mm GTi-6 master cylinder on here at the moment http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-306-Parts  and may be able to source some calipers if you get in touch with them).

If you really struggle finding some I am still wondering if the Lucas calipers from an 16v XSi can be used on the GTi-6 carriers to fit 283 discs?  As you saw above I was corrected on them being different piston sizes but they may be the same casting?  (....or possibly not as the pads aren't the same part number on Servicebox). Would definitely need confirmation either way from someone on here before you committed.  The 54mm piston Lucas calipers would certainly be easier to get hold of as there were lots more XSi's sold and not many are being kept going. (You would possibly want to get a 22mm XSi master cylinder to match them as well).
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2017, 04:46 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: I think Welshpug said that the Lucas pads were cheaper than the Bosch pads and I'm assuming that he was referring to the GTi-6 calipers, not specifically the ones fitted to an XSi with 266mm discs.  Like I said before, I'm happy enough with 266's but reading back through the thread you'll see most members (with much more experience than me) are suggesting you won't regret going for the 283's.  I'm sure some people on here will help you track some down if you're finding it difficult.

Whatever you do I'm guessing you should match the master cylinder to the caliper setup.  I am sure I read somewhere that you'll get excessive pedal travel if you fit a caliper with a bigger piston without changing the master cylinder, but I'm starting to doubt my own knowledge.  i.e best wait for one of the more experienced members to comment.  (They have a 23mm GTi-6 master cylinder on here at the moment http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-306-Parts  and may be able to source some calipers if you get in touch with them).

If you really struggle finding some I am still wondering if the Lucas calipers from an 16v XSi can be used on the GTi-6 carriers to fit 283 discs?  As you saw above I was corrected on them being different piston sizes but they may be the same casting?  (....or possibly not as the pads aren't the same part number on Servicebox). Would definitely need confirmation either way from someone on here before you committed.  The 54mm piston Lucas calipers would certainly be easier to get hold of as there were lots more XSi's sold and not many are being kept going. (You would possibly want to get a 22mm XSi master cylinder to match them as well).

Would the servo need changing aswell or just the cylinder? 307 are most convincing at the minute as they're are alot cheaper
Thanks given by: