Hissing Noise From Break Pedal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hissing Noise From Break Pedal
Soooo,

As Far As Im Aware There Is A Little Red Valve That Often Shoots Off Or Falls Off And This Creates The Hissing But I Think I May Be Wrong There Is Only A Slight Hissing When On Stand Still But Under Acceleration It Follows What Im Guessing Is Boost The Faster I Go The Louder It Gets.

Any Ideas, Or A Fix.

Thanks In Advance.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
It'll be the servo leaking, is it definitely coming from the passenger compartment side of the bulkhead? I've not heard of that valve, but sounds like it's worth a look for an easy fix.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2017, 06:08 AM)Poodle Wrote: It'll be the servo leaking, is it definitely coming from the passenger compartment side of the bulkhead? I've not heard of that valve, but sounds like it's worth a look for an easy fix.

Clueless to how you got passenger side lol but what i was told correct or not There is a one way valve, this tends to come free or stuck open when under hard breaking. I Am Yet To Rip up carpets and very very unwilling to do a while break servo change will keep this thread updated with my findings.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2017, 07:38 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote:
(28-04-2017, 06:08 AM)Poodle Wrote: It'll be the servo leaking, is it definitely coming from the passenger compartment side of the bulkhead?

Clueless to how you got passenger side lol but what i was told correct or not There is a one way valve, this tends to come free or stuck open when under hard breaking. I Am Yet To Rip up carpets and very very unwilling to do a while break servo change will keep this thread updated with my findings.

What he means is inside the car, not passenger side
Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Yeah that. As opposed to engine bay side.

The carpet is like any other component - will come out/go back in fine and won't be any different to how you started. Well, so long as you don't remove it with fire and a lever bar lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
sounds like a dead servo, bit of a bastard on a 306, nuts from cabin side onto studs coming through the pedal box.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Had to drop the engine off the mounts when I done my servo. Not a nice job
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2017, 09:06 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Soooo,

As Far As Im Aware There Is A Little Red Valve That Often Shoots Off Or Falls Off And This Creates The Hissing But I Think I May Be Wrong There Is Only A Slight Hissing When On Stand Still But Under Acceleration It Follows What Im Guessing Is Boost The Faster I Go The Louder It Gets.

Any Ideas, Or A Fix.

Thanks In Advance.

I got the same problem you have to change the servo it's the only way to fix the problem.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting A New Break Servo TommiePuglet 19 5,123 05-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Last Post: TommiePuglet
Rainbow Brakes hissing Welshy_Pete 7 2,768 04-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Last Post: TommiePuglet
  Hissing from around brake pedal. JJtheHITMAN 4 1,765 31-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: JJtheHITMAN