Grrr, Black Cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grrr, Black Cars
THE_Liam Wrote:Yep, but mine pulls hard from 1800 revs to 7000 revs, I'm still in second gear at 70 so I don't lose ground changing gear Wink

Like I say, quite a bit quicker. And yes, I have driven a remapped PD130...

I've also driven a badly remapped 130....had to be limited to 160bhp cos the shite intake system blows pipes too easy.

Difference is I've upgraded the entire intake intake system so can push more boost through...too much for the standard turbo obviously lol

I can't do 70 in 2nd true, and we all know diesels are crap off the line cas of their wank 1st gear.....but I'm sure I'd win 30-70. Wink Also sure I'd win bhp vs mpg! lol
Thanks given by:
You'd win on mpg for sure, I'm bloody jealous of all your diesels from that point of view, £70 for 300 miles does suck, but even 30-70 mine would edge ahead...

http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx32 ... G_0476.mp4

Mine with a boost leak and EML on, I reckon yours would be about the same as that. Bear in mind though, you've had to get a completely new intake system, a remap and a new turbo to manage to keep up with mine which is standard, and now much quicker than that with the fault codes cleared and the boost leak sorted. If I could fit a new turbo, intake and map I'd be looking at 250bhp at least, probably a lot more. Best bit is, with the difference in price between a GT TDI and a VRS in equivalent condition, I could buy all that stuff...

Checkmate.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah as standard yours wins hands down lol, I love 1.8t's......but they cost far too much for me to insure, tax and fuel lol.

And afterall...people often compare mapped HDis to standard GTi6s lol (God I'm becoming one of them Sad )

Annoyingly I can't watch the vid on this shit laptop, so I cant really say whether its close or not. What I will say though, is the golf takes a lot of cars and their drivers by surprise...and I had a good play with a golf 1.8t on the way to a dubgen meet....the guy in the 1.8 was shocked it was a diesel when I told him.....

When I get rid of the golf though I'm certainly not getting another....would avoid most vags tbh but if i was getting another, it'd probably be an octy vrs diesel.

Edit - Just watched the vid on my phone, thats pretty slow tbh, like 7 seconds!? Get a good one without the eml on mate.....
Thanks given by:
To be honest, I don't think I'll have another. It's never actually let me down but I'm forever chasing niggly faults and issues. I'm not sure if it'll ever get mapped, just because I'm not sure if I have the enthusiasm to spend much money on it...
Thanks given by:
Tbh mine was fun to play with, but I cant really say its reliable or that I'd trust it anywhere now though.....I'll probably just get a HDi next with a small remap...less power and less mpg...but much cheaper overall, and with just a small map should be fairly reliable too.

Can't wait till I can afford a petrol though! Sad
Thanks given by:
Just saw your edit, I doubt yours is any quicker, and it's closer to 6 seconds than 7 Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Just saw your edit, I doubt yours is any quicker, and it's closer to 6 seconds than 7 Wink

You can doubt it all you like....I've actually driven it! lol
Thanks given by:
Ok Tom, I'm sure it can beat anything, seeing as it has "180bhp" Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Ok Tom, I'm sure it can beat anything, seeing as it has "180bhp" Wink

Well obviously not anything...but a heavy octavia with a standard 1.8t....yep. Wink
Thanks given by:
It's got f*ck all atm with no turbo lol
Thanks given by:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:It's got f*ck all atm with no turbo lol

The turbos in the nad atm though 8-) turbod 106 would easily beat it. Wink

Shame its just on the back seat and not actually attached Haha.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Well obviously not anything...but a heavy octavia with a standard 1.8t....yep. Wink

Heavy like a GT TDI you mean? The Skoda is 90 kilos heavier than yours, not much difference really? Difference is, yours probably pulls nearly as hard, but it's only quick if you don't have to change gear. Like I say, I can go from 10 mph to 80 mph in one gear, it's far faster than a remapped 130 because you may well have 170bhp (which the majority agree is the most you can get from a mapped 130 if you want to keep a decent torque curve. Oh, and not blow stuff up like turbos), but you only have it in one big lump, then you have to change gear. You forget Tom, I've driven a lot of cars, probably 10+ 130 TDIs and 10+ 1.8Ts, have you even driven a 1.8T? You said you gave a 1.8T Golf a shock, but was he even trying? My mate has a Bora 130 with a Jabba remap (not some random one off the Internet), when I told him what you said he just laughed and shook his head...

Don't get me wrong, your Golf is pretty decent, very economical and I'm sure it's pretty nippy, probably quicker than a 150 1.8T even (like the one you put it against) but it won't stay with a 180, fact. And even if it would, you've spent a lot of money and blown up a turbo to draw level with a standard car you could have bought for £1500-£2000 less. And let's not even talk about mine with a remap, new turbo and induction eh? Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Well obviously not anything...but a heavy octavia with a standard 1.8t....yep. Wink

Heavy like a GT TDI you mean? The Skoda is 90 kilos heavier than yours, not much difference really? Difference is, yours probably pulls nearly as hard, but it's only quick if you don't have to change gear. Like I say, I can go from 10 mph to 80 mph in one gear, it's far faster than a remapped 130 because you may well have 170bhp (which the majority agree is the most you can get from a mapped 130 if you want to keep a decent torque curve. Oh, and not blow stuff up like turbos), but you only have it in one big lump, then you have to change gear. You forget Tom, I've driven a lot of cars, probably 10+ 130 TDIs and 10+ 1.8Ts, have you even driven a 1.8T? You said you gave a 1.8T Golf a shock, but was he even trying? My mate has a Bora 130 with a Jabba remap (not some random one off the Internet), when I told him what you said he just laughed and shook his head...

Don't get me wrong, your Golf is pretty decent, very economical and I'm sure it's pretty nippy, probably quicker than a 150 1.8T even (like the one you put it against) but it won't stay with a 180, fact. And even if it would, you've spent a lot of money and blown up a turbo to draw level with a standard car you could have bought for £1500-£2000 less. And let's not even talk about mine with a remap, new turbo and induction eh? Wink

Yes I've driven a few 1.8t's.........including my mates old octy vrs lol. Why else do you think I'd find the standard 130/150tdis so damn slow...cos they're certainly quicker than any 306 i've owned. I just can't afford to run them. I don't know what setup your mates running (on an even heavier bora lol) but if he just had a jabba map without anything else then its probably only 165bhp (so they can warranty it as safe and cover themselves) ...in a heavy bora....

Also dunno where you can buy a decent 1.8t vrs for £500 lol, but yeah I could have one for around £700 cheaper round here (£1300).......then paid over double to tax it, over double to fuel it, and a hell of a lot more on insurance even after all the mods on the golf. I could've done my mods cheaper tbf, I bought some stuff wrong, and paid a bit extra for some stuff as I was desperate for it at the time.

So now if you look at the fact the 1.8t would cost me £60 a week to fuel instead of £30, over a year thats £1500 more in fuel alone!! :o Then you've got the extra £100 tax over the diesel (£115 a year) and about £200 extra on insurance. Thats £1800 extra for a 1.8t over the year instead of ~£300 of mods (not inc turbo)...makes a hell of a difference. I'm not gonna go into speed/bhp figures until I've been on the rollers so you might aswell just leave that for now. I'm sure a 1.8t is good for you, iirc you do mainly town traffic and not often 'long' distances (whereas I frequently do 50miles a day). And clearly you're not bothered about tax or mpg as you earn enough to cover it.

And as for the turbo, turns out it probably wasn't the map that broke it, the bearings are perfectly fine, even had the garage check it over for me, so I'm thinking it was most likely caused by excess oil pressure. :oops:
Thanks given by:
Debating creating a new section for Tom to talk about golfs and anyone can go in there and argue with him about them, but the word Golf is banned outside of that section
Thanks given by:
You just said the banned word. :o
Thanks given by:
Honestly Tom, you talk nowt but shit. A Bora isn't significantly heavier than a Golf, it's the same car. Also, to get a GT TDI with the same miles and service history, with a body and interior as mint as my VRS your looking at £3000 minimum...

I'm not gonna argue this anymore because I'm not gonna get dragged into your "my Golf owns anything" thing. Your flogging a dead horse mate, it isn't faster than a 180 1.8T, end of.

Also, do your maths right mate. £60 a week in the Octy vs £30 in the Golf? So on long runs, 60mpg on diesel (+8p a litre round here over petrol) compared to 47-48mpg on cheaper petrol in the Octy? If the Golf would cost £30 the Octy wouldn't be anything over £40, trust me Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Honestly Tom, you talk nowt but shit. A Bora isn't significantly heavier than a Golf, it's the same car. Also, to get a GT TDI with the same miles and service history, with a body and interior as mint as my VRS your looking at £3000 minimum...

I'm not gonna argue this anymore because I'm not gonna get dragged into your "my Golf owns anything" thing. Your flogging a dead horse mate, it isn't faster than a 180 1.8T, end of.

Erm you argued it for several posts now..... lol Yet I've never said it owns 'anything'...thats just another forum rumour...like the not revving past 2k thing....

A bora is a lot heavier than the golf...you can't argue that, its just a fact. And you can't compare a diesel to a petrol price on milage!! Diesels are for high milage drivers, so yes finding one under 100k (10k a year) costs a lot. Mine however cost £2k...with under 130k, climatronic, cruise control, full vw service history on longlife etc etc. Oh and anyone thats seen it can tell you the interior is mint...and the body well I'm a fussy bugger so I wouldn't say any used car has a 'mint' bodywork...but mine has no dents or big scratches....just one small trolley dent (after I bought it) and a few swirls from previous owners that don't know how to clean cars, certainly no rust on it either.
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Also, do your maths right mate. £60 a week in the Octy vs £30 in the Golf? So on long runs, 60mpg on diesel (+8p a litre round here over petrol) compared to 47-48mpg on cheaper petrol in the Octy? If the Golf would cost £30 the Octy wouldn't be anything over £40, trust me Wink

Long runs the golf does 65mpg+. But I'm talking about tank averages driving like a cock which I do most of the time.....VRS's drink a lot when booted as I'm sure you know...infact thats why my mate ending up selling his....yet I can drive like a dick and still average 60mpg over a tankful......

Edit - Just thought I'd throw this one in too....in the NAD I can drive like a cock all the time, mostly at full throttle or 90mph and still average 67mpg over the tankful...on a car that hasn't been serviced in years fromt he state of the oil and the air filter, and that starts like shit as it has a glow plug out....would be 70mpg with a good service and glowplug I reckon. lol
Thanks given by:
Like I said, I'm not bothering arguing anymore. I try to make a point of not going on about my Skoda, because this is a 306 forum, but I'm not gonna tolerate you talking shit and calling it slow. Even if your Golf was quicker 30-70, mine would still outdrag it to 60 and top out at almost 150, and that's standard. This is a stupid argument, comparing a standard sports saloon to a modded diesel runaround. I'm pretty embarrassed that I got dragged into a pointless argument to be fair.
Thanks given by:
I'll agree with you on one thing though, the mpg on those 106s is stunning. My dad used to get 65mpg while his van was loaded with half a tonne of tools lol
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'm pretty embarrassed that I got dragged into a pointless argument to be fair.

And so you should be!! Confusedhock:

Seriously, I'm not sure how this ended in an argument...it just started as a bit of banter...my end anyway. :?

So I'm also stopping now. Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'll agree with you on one thing though, the mpg on those 106s is stunning. My dad used to get 65mpg while his van was loaded with half a tonne of tools lol

Yeah haha, if only they were turbo'd from the factory for a bit more power they'd be epic. Although without a turbo I do like the very linear power delivery, just wish there was more of it!
Thanks given by:
[Image: oh-my-god-shut-the-f*ck-up-en-ffffff]

/thread
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'm pretty embarrassed that I got dragged into a pointless argument to be fair.

And so you should be!! Confusedhock:

And so should you.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Debating creating a new section for Tom to talk about golfs and anyone can go in there and argue with him about them, but the word Golf is banned outside of that section

Scott please do and just lock Tom to that area so he can't wreck any other posts!

In fact f*ck it, just ban the pessimistic bastard.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "v8" mist washer jets.... Grrr Piggy 28 5,594 29-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Piggy