Another what car theead.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another what car theead.
So ive got to the stage where some mod cons would be nice. Air con in particular and being a parent im actually starting to think about safty which is new to me. Naturally im thinking about getting another car for a daily. Will be my first non 306 based vehicle for a lot of years. Ill be keeping a 306 as my second car anyhow theyll always have a place with me. But what to get. I wouldnt be looking at major money maybe £2k at an absolute push. Wouldnt need to be big either as the wife drives my old estate and will be getting a v70 eventually. Any ideas or suggestions??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
406 or 407?
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Renault-M...SwB-1Yzmde

Just an example but what about a 175 dci megane like mine but 5dr? 5* safety ratings, excellent mpg and still sporty enough to involve you in the driving whilst being a practical 5 seater with a decent sized boot and alot of spec for the money? Also full leather being wipe clean is ideal as a parent trust me Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hmmm i like the meganes but i just worry about owning a renault. The 406 is to old now and the 407 has so many faults on the ones i see i couldnt do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Would suggest a BM but know you're not a fan, so I guess an ovlov or maybe a saab of some description - 93 TTiD maybe?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mines been faultless besides a turbo heat sensor and the accident damage that was my fault anyway lol

Its eaten up 35k miles in 18months use and solidly returned 45-50mpg whilst embarrassing most modern hot hatches if it wants to Smile

Electric everything, excellent quality audio, full leather, 4pot brembo brakes, nice driving position and plenty of parts / upgrades out there if you want them! Decent remap sees power well over 200bhp and 345lb/ft of torque which is more than enough to keep the smile on your face.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
93 or a v70 or 50
Thanks given by:
Focus estate?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-04-2017, 09:41 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Mines been faultless besides a turbo heat sensor and the accident damage that was my fault anyway lol

Its eaten up 35k miles in 18months use and solidly returned 45-50mpg whilst embarrassing most modern hot hatches if it wants to Smile

Electric everything, excellent quality audio, full leather, 4pot brembo brakes, nice driving position and plenty of parts / upgrades out there if you want them! Decent remap sees power well over 200bhp and 345lb/ft of torque which is more than enough to keep the smile on your face.

Also comes with local gay club membership, a custom grindr profile theme, and hairdressing scholarship..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Saab 9-5 aero? 80 quid sees it pushing nearly 300bhp.. My lpt(185 standard) cost me 220 quid, waiting on ecu coming back and got the turbo waiting to go on. Just look at them in crashes.. One guy on the forum the other week hit a horse at 60 mph, smashed the screen and f*cked bonnet but he came out of it with just a few crashes..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Saab. You'll get plenty of change from your £2000 as well.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I've just given back my megane. Biggest crock of shit I've ever driven. Honestly it was just awful. Got a focus now and it's like a rolls in comparison.
So yeah, my recommendations are either focus or Saab lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If you don't buy a 306 my concept of reality will fall to pieces
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2017, 08:47 PM)Doseph Wrote: If you don't buy a 306 my concept of reality will fall to pieces

Wont be a 306 im afraid man. we will always have one though. 

As for the ford focus they really dont float a boat and saabs tend to annoy me as they are essentially vauxhaulls that a hard to get parts for. We will see. Ive spoken to the wife today and she says i can save and buy a car so I need to make a decision about racing at fcs this year in a car or getting a new daily really.
Thanks given by:
Saabs arent hard to get parts for at all.. Can still get o.e stuff from orio, neobros, saabits etc

Value for money you cant argue with

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
They aren't Vauxhalls Bash.
Sit in a Vectra, then sit in a 93. They are not even close.
Same chassis but that means nothing, most manufacturers platform share these days anyway.
Not hard to get parts for either, there's plenty available.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Echo what the others have said regarding saabs - getting parts is easy and they're miles apart from a vauxhall. Might be the same basic chassis, but they're a world apart in use.

If that still doesn't tickle you then go for a v50, pretty much same thing but nicer inside.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I just dont like saabs. We used to do all the mots for a saab dealer and ive driven almost every spec/model of them. The aeros are ok but just dont float my boat. Volvo or renault by the looks of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
You would get a 130k ish A4 or equivalent for less than £2k.
Thanks given by:
Fiesta MK6 Zetec S TDCi, hold out for one with climate control and half leathers.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: