Rear wiper blowing fuse 28

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear wiper blowing fuse 28
Driving to work tthis morning I had tthe battery light illuminate on the dash, didn't think much of it other than the altenator maybe, got to work left it until lunch. Got back to the car started it and it had gone out but then I realised I had to power to my clock/thermometer, front electric windows or rear wiper... it blew fuse 28 which is a 15amp fuse... why would this be? I disconnected the rear wiper and it's fine. Would this be the wiring to the wiper or the motor itself as that started to tick recently when settling into 'resting place' ...
Provence blue - Fixer upper   Blush 

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
Rear wiper relay, the blue one on the motor, is corroded. Remove, fit a new fuse and everything else will work.

You may need a new blue relay if you want to continue having a wiper. Alternatively, if it's not too far gone you may be able to clean all the contacts up but the plug is probably manky anyway. Worst case is a new motor with relay.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2017, 07:23 PM)MattDanPug Wrote: Driving to work tthis morning I had tthe battery light illuminate on the dash, didn't think much of it other than the altenator maybe, got to work left it until lunch. Got back to the car started it and it had gone out but then I realised I had to power to my clock/thermometer, front electric windows or rear wiper... it blew fuse 28 which is a 15amp fuse... why would this be? I disconnected the rear wiper and it's fine. Would this be the wiring to the wiper or the motor itself as that started to tick recently when settling into 'resting place' ...

grey wire passenger side under glove box , corner of connector auto spark took 4 hrs to find mine , rear wiper dosnt work but everything else does
Thanks given by:
I've been idle for a while as my car was grinding my gears the wrong way with issues I thought wouldn't be worth my time! But getting back through it all bit by bit...

With my issue with the rear wiper not working, today I had tried a different relay! Peugeot want £35 for the relay so I managed to find a used relay, same voltage and pin layout and the wiper moved when I turned it on BUT only 45 degrees (so I turned it off and then back on) and it then moved another 45 degrees repeated the off/on and it moved 90 degrees(complete wipe) then returned to it's resting position! Any ideas what could be causing this?
Provence blue - Fixer upper   Blush 

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
check for corrosion inside the motor?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2017, 10:42 AM)MattDanPug Wrote: I've been idle for a while as my car was grinding my gears the wrong way with issues I thought wouldn't be worth my time! But getting back through it all bit by bit...

With my issue with the rear wiper not working, today I had tried a different relay! Peugeot want £35 for the relay so I managed to find a used relay, same voltage and pin layout and the wiper moved when I turned it on BUT only 45 degrees (so I turned it off and then back on) and it then moved another 45 degrees repeated the off/on and it moved 90 degrees(complete wipe) then returned to it's resting position! Any ideas what could be causing this?

Presume it's a timer relay with a shorter duration than required for a full sweep/return of the wiper arm?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery warning light/fuse keeps blowing.HELP Clump1298 8 1,710 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Front fog light bulbs blowing Tidoh2016 2 1,228 13-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Last Post: gurj306
  Blower fuse keeps blowing Teddy 16 3,552 03-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Teddy