CD Changer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD Changer
Hi all,

So the 306 is going well at the moment. All mechanical jobs seem to be sorted and tidy now after three years of maintenance, all new tyres all round, just done a new rear beam. I've done brakes all round, cam belt and I'm pretty confident I'm on top of the maintenance now so other half is on to me about sorting some of the nicer bits she would like.

Top of the list is a CD Changer as I fitted a clarion pu-2294 head unit from a mates phase 3 meridian but the cd slot in it is unreliable. Seems they're all like this these days but a 6 disc changer would be better anyway - problem is the cars a phase 1 so has no wiring for it. Anyone got any good ideas on where to get the cd changer loom (better still anyone got one going spare) and where's best to fit the unit in a 5 door hatch.

Ta in advance.

Rich
Thanks given by:
Personally id either ditch the standard stereo for a hald decent one with an aux/usb/bluetooth so you can then not use cds, or hack the standard unit to allow an aux input. I think sam is currently working kn this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2017, 03:32 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Personally id either ditch the standard stereo for a hald decent one with an aux/usb/bluetooth so you can then not use cds, or hack the standard unit to allow an aux input. I think sam is currently working kn this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cant stand aftermarket head units, and there's nothing wrong with the clarion from audio quality perspective as far as her listening matters. We've both got plenty of CDs and I regularly burn CDA disks for the Volvo which works for us. As for hacking the head unit, been there done that but it's never really worth it - there isn't likely to be anywhere on the circuits which is properly balanced and at the right level to accept a headphone jack level input and get anything like CD quality, or be certain not to damage the amps in the source device. I'm set on the CD Changer even though I'm sure it's not what many would recommend.

Rich
Thanks given by:
Hi Rich,

Yeh I looked into it and there was a place to solder into but as said it wouldnt be good quality. I was enver able to test as I dont know the codes of my headunits and they dont have the stickers on them Sad

Standard place was screwed into the passenger side wheel arch in the boot. Standard fat cable which I think supplies power to the changer so its literally just the cable and changer you need.
Thanks given by: RAW
there's no "loom" for the cd changer, just a long cable with a plug on either end, fairly generic to many vehicles in the mid 90's, I've used a cd changer from a saab in the past.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
I may have some bits in my attic. i'll need to rummage tho'
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Blimey - I have not used cd's in cars for years - we have a Pioneer in one car and a Sony Explode in the other (both bought cheap/second hand),both have hundreds of music albums on them by using mini USB sticks - the usb's only stick out 12/20mm (one is really small) Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  after market cd changer mounting titch 1 913 27-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Last Post: mattgreene