Lets talk wax...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk wax...
I couldn't find a tread for just car waxes... Or I didn't look hard enough Wink 

I really want to use a durable wax that gives that great finish... I have been recommended to FUSSO soft99 (£20 a tub) 
I've seen some of the results of it and for £20 it looks amazing and according to reviews it lives up to its durability too...

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were and what other people recommend (With pictures of the finished product if possible) 

Also one final question - with Fusso soft99 you get a light colour and dark, what would happen so much if I was to apply the light wax to a dark paint work and vise versa?

Another thing whilst I think about it, whats the best car shampoo to use before waxing?
Provence blue - Fixer upper   Blush 

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2017, 10:19 PM)MattDanPug Wrote: I couldn't find a tread for just car waxes... Or I didn't look hard enough Wink 

I really want to use a durable wax that gives that great finish... I have been recommended to FUSSO soft99 (£20 a tub) 
I've seen some of the results of it and for £20 it looks amazing and according to reviews it lives up to its durability too...

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were and what other people recommend (With pictures of the finished product if possible) 

Also one final question - with Fusso soft99 you get a light colour and dark, what would happen so much if I was to apply the light wax to a dark paint work and vise versa?

Another thing whilst I think about it, whats the best car shampoo to use before waxing?

Fusso soft 99 is a great wax - fantastic hydrophobic results, great protection qualities and bang for buck. We use it for a lot of cars. But the list of negatives is as follows:

- Application is not the easiest - depending on temperature, quantities, application pad etc. creates a complete different experience. It comes with a foam pad, but I wouldn't use that - I tend to use a general fibre buffing pad to apply, leave a few minutes to cure and buff off with a decent microfibre, high gsm, towell.

- It doesn't provide the most glossy of finishes - I get around this by layering - waxes can be layered. Combining this with a 'cheaper', more glossy wax is a great shout and is easily maintained. EZCarcare have a lovely liquid wax called 'Chrome' which we tend to double up with fusso with some jobs.

- It's a pain when it hits those cracks - you only need small amounts, but even still, with most hard waxes, when applied to vehicle can get stuck into cracks and crevices - again, my solution is to cotton buds to remove excess.

As for the light/dark wax - i've no idea what they're playing at - used both and swapped on various vehicles and vice versa - I can't tell the difference - similar in price so go for whichever.

It's a great wax if you're a novice or experiementing - not too expensive, easy to use (in small areas at a time) and great results - Go for it!
Professional detailing service Facebook Instagram Website

Thanks given by:
OCD Alien:51 and OCD Nebula.

Both around £30 for a 200ml glass pot. Nebula layered over the top of Alien:51 gives incredible results.

The light was rubbish for photos the day i did it but you get the idea

[Image: IMG_20170218_172608_523_zps4zq3qfph.jpg]
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
[quote pid='611210' dateline='1490393991']
Fusso soft 99 is a great wax - fantastic hydrophobic results, great protection qualities and bang for buck. We use it for a lot of cars. But the list of negatives is as follows:
[/quote]

- Application is not the easiest - depending on temperature, quantities, application pad etc. creates a complete different experience. It comes with a foam pad, but I wouldn't use that - I tend to use a general fibre buffing pad to apply, leave a few minutes to cure and buff off with a decent microfibre, high gsm, towell.

- It doesn't provide the most glossy of finishes - I get around this by layering - waxes can be layered. Combining this with a 'cheaper', more glossy wax is a great shout and is easily maintained. EZCarcare have a lovely liquid wax called 'Chrome' which we tend to double up with fusso with some jobs.

- It's a pain when it hits those cracks - you only need small amounts, but even still, with most hard waxes, when applied to vehicle can get stuck into cracks and crevices - again, my solution is to cotton buds to remove excess.

As for the light/dark wax - i've no idea what they're playing at - used both and swapped on various vehicles and vice versa - I can't tell the difference - similar in price so go for whichever.

It's a great wax if you're a novice or experiementing - not too expensive, easy to use (in small areas at a time) and great results - Go for it!

This is the exact response I was hoping for...

Basically the whole fusso dark and fusso light wax is just a gimmick to increase sales? I was planning on doing my car which is light blue, my mothers which is black and my step fathers which is white... Just didnt know if it would be a problem with the black paint?

I'm hoping I still have the nack of polishing cars as I went from dark blue to silver and lost the love of polishing when I brought a s****y 307... 

I was told about another wax this morning that Fusso do which is Authentic if you've ever heard of it? Whats it like as a finish?

Thanks for the reply, I'll probably buy it on friday unless someone can sway my temptation...

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
I've used this stuff on my S16 and it was pretty good, its a bit pain to get it off when gets hard

[Image: 4yzwM5d.jpg]

[Image: OKGi516.jpg]

Over all pretty good results
Thanks given by:
I've been wondering about fusso as well. Seems to be a lot a people rating it for the money. I think i need to add a tub to my collection at some point.
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2017, 05:31 PM)Pingaz Wrote: I've used this stuff on my S16 and it was pretty good, its a bit pain to get it off when gets hard

This looks tidy stuff! I whats the application like? I gave mine a going over with paint renovator today and it looks amazing stuff but it probably wont last... I'll upload a photo in abit

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2017, 06:38 PM)MattDanPug Wrote:
(25-03-2017, 05:31 PM)Pingaz Wrote: I've used this stuff on my S16 and it was pretty good, its a bit pain to get it off when gets hard

This looks tidy stuff! I whats the application like? I gave mine a going over with paint renovator today and it looks amazing stuff but it probably wont last... I'll upload a photo in abit

[Image: A8g5YAR.jpg]

it's kinda hard to get it off the cracks I was about a week finding new spots it was my 1st time applying it, lasted me about 4 months because I had my car in a shop to rebuild the head.
Thanks given by:
It's durability is brilliant, and for the cost it's a good product. I've been looking for something to put over the top of it though to increase the shine left, fusso is good but I feel like it could be better for shine and depth. Also it stinks [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
When it comes to old Peugeots I refuse to spend big money on wax, you're never going to solve 15-20 years of abuse!

£15 poorboys wax is where its at.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2017, 05:54 PM)allye Wrote: When it comes to old Peugeots I refuse to spend big money on wax, you're never going to solve 15-20 years of abuse!

£15 poorboys wax is where its at.

That's true ! Rofl The white shark costed me 20€ about £17 (?)
Thanks given by:
Used Meguiars Nxt liquid wax first time around, then tried Dodo Diamond white and now back to Meq's Nxt paste wax.

I think with a clay, polish and wax you can still get it looking pretty neat however as above, I don't think I'd be going to extremes on a 306.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, my car paint work isn't too bad... I gave it a full go over with a paint renovator after removing tar. I have a photo but it won't let me upload the bugger. I'm going to get a fusso kit which includes glass cleaner. The wax will be good for future cars anyway.

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
Just seeing some comments above showing a range of products, do note though, a wax won't do anything towards your paint rennovation. It'll add longevity to sustaining a finish but won't impact on faded paint (much).

Keep us posted as to how you get on Smile
Professional detailing service Facebook Instagram Website

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lets see your 6's on 307 alloys!! gunny110 5 1,747 02-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Joep83
  Let's talk about knobs allye 15 2,778 16-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  Lets see your cyclones! LewisG 20 4,783 17-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Last Post: dashmader