Astor Grey GTi 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astor Grey GTi 6
Hello everyone, not technically a newbie as I have been on here for a while, 2 years ago I had a moonstone HDi. However last night I made the 7 hour round trip to pick up this very solid, very standard Astor grey GTi6. The journey was not a disappointment, the car is spot on! Wants a few bits and pieces doing to tidy it up and I'll be happy with it, wanted one of these for a while now and to find one in Astor grey was just the icing on the cake.
Comments and things to look out for/help are all welcome. Thanks!

Thanks given by:
that looks very nice. Welcome back :p was this the one that was up in the north somewhere and the guy wanted around 2k?
Thanks given by:
Welcome (back). Big Grin Great looking Gti!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Eeyore, and yeah, it was in Ayrshire Scotland, I live in Newcastle so wasn't too bad, was advertised for £1800.
Cheers Nexus!
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2017, 10:55 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: Thanks Eeyore, and yeah, it was in Ayrshire Scotland, I live in Newcastle so wasn't too bad, was advertised for £1800.
Cheers Nexus!

yep thats the one. it was quite a good advert if i recall correctly. Great buy, hope you enjoy it!
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2017, 12:32 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(16-03-2017, 10:55 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: Thanks Eeyore, and yeah, it was in Ayrshire Scotland, I live in Newcastle so wasn't too bad, was advertised for £1800.
Cheers Nexus!

yep thats the one. it was quite a good advert if i recall correctly. Great buy, hope you enjoy it!

Very solid shell, only a few bits and pieces to bring it back up to standard, cheers!
Thanks given by:
Welcome back. Looks like a good choice of car to come back with. Hopefully get round to sorting mine soon but needs a fair bit of work to get it to a decent standard like this one looks.
Thanks given by:
Cheers frosty, hopefully be at a Peugeot event this year, hope to meet a few members, never been to any before
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome back Big Grin

Looks like a lovely motor, and probably a decent price as they are ever increasing in value Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2017, 08:20 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Hello and welcome back Big Grin

Looks like a lovely motor, and probably a decent price as they are ever increasing in value Smile

Thanks Matt, was a very good price for the condition of the car, after a few days of driving I've pulled together a list of what needs doing before the MOT in May, Drivers side ball joint, new discs and pads, and a windscreen.
At some point in the future I think it's gonna need a clutch and the flywheel replaced as it has a slight judder when pulling away, can anyone correct me if I'm wrong? Cheers
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2017, 09:47 AM)Chris HDI Wrote:

Thanks Matt, was a very good price for the condition of the car, after a few days of driving I've pulled together a list of what needs doing before the MOT in May, Drivers side ball joint, new discs and pads, and a windscreen.
At some point in the future I think it's gonna need a clutch and the flywheel replaced as it has a slight judder when pulling away, can anyone correct me if I'm wrong? Cheers

Could be a bit of clutch judder, but could also be a balljoint etc, have you checked all the engine & gearbox mounts?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2017, 11:39 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(17-03-2017, 09:47 AM)Chris HDI Wrote:

Could be a bit of clutch judder, but could also be a balljoint etc, have you checked all the engine & gearbox mounts?

Gonna have a look over it properly tomorrow on a ramp, will check the above mentioned and report back, cheers!
Thanks given by:
nice car dude
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2017, 03:57 PM)fatlapit Wrote: nice car dude

Cheers man!
Thanks given by:
Wow, what a great buy.

How is the chassis for rust and the chassis leg that numpties jack up from?
Thanks given by:
Cheers man! Not much rust on the sills and arches, tbh there isn't much rust anywhere from what I've seen so far. Will get some pictures next time it's up on the ramp.
Thanks given by:
Just passed its MOT first time with a few minors, could do with the P bushes replaced as they're borderline apparently, apart from that everything else seemed spot on, im well chuffed!

Thanks given by:
Ideal, great news on the mot pass. They have the same ramps as we have where i work.
Thanks given by:
Cheers frosty! It's a really good setup that they've got
Thanks given by:
nice buy. are you keeping it standard?
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2017, 03:34 PM)curly1987 Wrote: nice buy. are you keeping it standard?

Thanks Curly. I'm going to be doing what I believe to be tasteful modifications; exhaust (booked in Friday for a full system at Powerflow), different suspension (unsure on coilovers or just going B8 and Eibach Route), discs and uprated pads, cams and throttle bodies eventually. Nothing over the top exterior or interior wise though, I know it won't be to everyone's liking but it's the direction I want to go. It's my daily driver at the minute so engine modifications will probably wait till I get a daily driver, I'm really enjoying taking the car down local B roads as it currently sits so can't wait to start putting some money into improving it!
Thanks given by:
Moonstone HDI you say (great taste)?! Nice Astor, any updates?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Thanks Partybish, few updates, mist washer jets, wind deflectors, solid linkages, short shift, ds2500 pads all round, standard brembo discs all round, full service and a 2 1/4" S/S exhaust made at Powerflow with a decat mid box and backbox with a 3" outward rolled tip. What's next is to either lower the beam I have depending on condition or get a rebuilt one along with either Eibachs and Bilstein B8's and B6 rears  or some coilovers, still undecided. Here's some pics of the car.

Thanks given by:
Looks good mate.welcome the very awsome and exclusive astor 6 club lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers Sam, love the updates and the instagram pics! Admired your Astor since I had my HDI and always wanted one, now I've got one I'm not letting go!
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2017, 02:56 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: Cheers Sam, love the updates and the instagram pics! Admired your Astor since I had my HDI and always wanted one, now I've got one I'm not letting go!

Cheers chris means alot mate Big Grin haven't updated my thread on here in ages mainly use instragram to do it.

Yeah mines got a few marks on it but still looks bloody lush.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2017, 08:19 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(28-07-2017, 02:56 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: Cheers Sam, love the updates and the instagram pics! Admired your Astor since I had my HDI and always wanted one, now I've got one I'm not letting go!

Cheers chris means alot mate Big Grin haven't updated my thread on here in ages mainly use instragram to do it.

Yeah mines got a few marks on it but still looks bloody lush.

I haven't drove mine in a while and I'm missing it! Keep the insta pics coming please!
Thanks given by:
Just thought I’d update this a little with what’s gone on recently. Had an issue of it not starting and lights being on the dash when the keys weren’t in the car. Turned out to be 2 broken wires behind the dash going to the fuse box, a nackered earth wire going to the earth point below the engine bay fuse box and found some suspect wiring on the bit of the fam loom which I was told to check going to the plug on the passenger side chassis leg. All replaced and fired up first time with no problems. Thanks to all who gave advice, was really helpful! Got the Racetractors steering wheel put on too. Gonna make a centre bit for it on the lathe at work to finish it off. Cheers Piggy! Also found myself some Componotive MO5’s in the correct offset going really cheap so snatched them up. Need a refurb and some better tyres but put them on just to get a few pictures with the car. MOTs due again soon so will be getting that out of the way before putting some more money into it. Hopefully not too much wrong so I can get a refurbed rear axle and get it lowered a bit. Should be at a few shows this year.

Thanks given by:
Nice motor! Nice wheels! Nice wheel!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2018, 06:32 AM)Piggy Wrote: Nice motor! Nice wheels! Nice wheel!

Cheers piggy, need to figure out a location for the sticker you sent with the wheel. Hope to see more of your projects!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Astor grey hdi owners lol? Deangatt 15 3,461 29-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Deangatt