Oil spots on rear of the van..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil spots on rear of the van..
Why have these just started to appear?

[Image: oilspots002.jpg]

The back doors are covered in them! Seems to be running OK barring the leaky sump plug.

Cheers peeps, Have a picture of a kitten as thanks in advance.

[Image: kitten1.jpg]
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
i also have this, what's the cause :/
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
i suppose it could probably be turbo oil seals,slightly leaking, when my turbo actually blew it coated the back of it in oil, all up the rear windscreen
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would make sense for it to be the turbo, when mowles went the whole rear of the car was coated lol
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
If the sump plug is leaking slightly then it will be getting under the cat/van and being pulled onto the back of the van by the draught, have a look underneath, if its coated in oil then you have your answer lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Thats why I was glad my cat was hanging off when the turbo seal blew.....meant the oil all fell out there instead of all up my boot. lol
Thanks given by:
i had this problem when i temp put the oil breather straight the air intake pipes to the turbo covered the back in oil spots led me to believe turbo was dead but sorted it once oil breather was rerouted
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, To be fair at the moment theres more oil under the engine than in it lol So thats the probably the reason. Hope so anyway, can't afford any shiney new turbos right now!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Mine was like that when i had leaky driveshaft seals, car was caked with oil underneath Sad
Thanks given by:
Pete Wrote:Cheers guys, To be fair at the moment theres more oil under the engine than in it lol So thats the probably the reason. Hope so anyway, can't afford any shiney new turbos right now!

I would say that its probably that then, when you clean everything up underneath clean the spots off the back too and see if they come back Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by: