Long weekend ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long weekend ideas
So, looking at doing a long weekend in April - any ideas?

Don't want a city break - would like something country'fide with things to see and do. 

Was thinking Cornwall - Eden project?

Happy to drive couple hundred miles from the south if needed
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Eden project is great if you've never been. I went to Somerset for a weekend recently, good if you like your ancient history - tons of old hill forts and the like. Went up Glastonbury Tor and wandered round the Haynes motor museum. Plus there's Cheddar gorge, which to get round everything is a day out in itself, and wookey hole. I don't know if the folklore side of it would just annoy you though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-03-2017, 10:28 PM)Poodle Wrote: Eden project is great if you've never been. I went to Somerset for a weekend recently, good if you like your ancient history - tons of old hill forts and the like. Went up Glastonbury Tor and wandered round the Haynes motor museum. Plus there's Cheddar gorge, which to get round everything is a day out in itself, and wookey hole. I don't know if the folklore side of it would just annoy you though.

Yeh, we've never done Eden project or even ventured far West, so could be a good shout.

We've done all sorts around Somerset and cheddar - amazing walks up to the top of the gorge which is nice.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Lake district? Liverpool? Come to felixstowe and ill take you wakeboarding.
Thanks given by:
Eden project is worth a day out, in the nicer weather great to walk round and if not so nice the biome's (not sure how to spell) are not affected Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2017, 10:41 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Eden project is worth a day out, in the nicer weather great to walk round and if not so nice the biome's (not sure how to spell) are not affected Smile

biome? you mean the diamond mine? D:
Thanks given by:
Eden is great if you've never been.

I've been numerous times - it's frankly not changed at all since it opened, at least in terms of what's in the Biomes... I'm sure there's new things around the site - but yeah, if you've been before, I wouldn't go again unless things change hugely!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
get the mrs on the zip wire we did it and it was excellent

http://www.adrenalinquarry.co.uk/zip-wir...-cornwall/

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Depends on what you'd like to do really, there's some amazing countryside near me, and where I use to shoot as well, country estates with achers of land an woodland all around Ashbourne radbourne way, Llangollen and landegla has some amazing countryside as well as the fire tracks that go through all the hills
Thanks given by: