Estate boot not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estate boot not working
Right any of you experts know of how to open the boot from the inside as mine has just stopped working and need to get in the boot. The popper does not seam to want work. Any help would be great full
Thanks given by:
Really simple on these. just climb in the back. undo the cover on the tailgate and pull the lock mechanisum over takes around 10 mins to do
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers will have a go in the morning didn't think I would be able to get the panel off to get to it with out the boot been open.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
its not a great job to do but it will bend a little
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Right got it open and stripped down so I can see everything. Any one have a idea how to test the popper motor is it just a 12v feed and a ground to the motor. It doesn't seem to have power so want to test that before I start digging in to the wiring looms

Thanks given by:
Smoothed boot? Best way to test would simply be apply 12v directly to the popper. If it "pops", it's working, and the problem is wiring, if not.....well, you work it out. Wink

EDIT: assuming it's actually a 12v popper, might only want 5v maybe? Guess there should be some kind of markings on the popper (assuming you can see it easily) to confirm?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the advice sadly it's not a smoothed boot just a standard one. They use a servo/popper motor to disengage the dead locks on the estate boot. It slides a piece of metal and plastic in the way of the boot release switch so you can't open the dam thing. I final got it to work once I got the whole unit out. Found that the motor had stuck so plenty of wd40 and a gentle pressure got it working again. Tested all the wiring to make sure I had a circuit and everything was in tacked. Powered the motor up and it worked fine. So it's all back together at last. But just incase have left some tieing wire attached to the rod that when pulled it releases the boot.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Estate boot catch Willo 2 1,032 13-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Willo
  Estate boot problem cpikey316_ 10 1,937 30-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Last Post: mark_airey