Handbrake MOT fail 306 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handbrake MOT fail 306 hdi
Hi guys new here and need to pick your brains money is tight so would like to try sort this myself.. 
I have a 1999 306 hdi that has just failed its MOT on its handbrake..You can drive off with the handbrake on  [Image: icon_lol.gif] 
The disks are well worn and need replacing soon got advisory on MOT for that. So my question to you guys is this would new disks and pads rectify the handbrake problem?? 
Or am i looking at new/overhauling the calipers? 

cheers in advance for any help received
Thanks given by:
it may just need adjusting but do the disk and pad first
Thanks given by: apples76
discs and pads. clean grease lubricate and adjust. I recently dont mine and the sliding pins were partially siezed as well.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
They are crap even at the best of times, as said new parts, clean the carriers up and it should be OK
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
There is a guide here on how to adjust them PROPERLY, you must follow the procedure for this, 306 is a bit different to normal cars for adjusting.
Be worth noting if it's still crap you may well need to replace the cables too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
peal the rubber boot back on the calliper hand brake arm and lube up the rusty pivit points, work the lube in and it should bring the handbrake back too life as it normally seizes in the pulled direction so the adjusters dont take up

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
cheers guys.. it passed but only just.. its had new disks and pads.. the tester said i should replace the cables easy job or not??
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2017, 11:00 AM)apples76 Wrote: cheers guys.. it passed but only just.. its had new disks and pads.. the tester said i should replace the cables easy job or not??

Cables aren't to bad to do. The disc handbrakes are never great on 306s.
Thanks given by:
Hi does anyone know how to remove the gearstick knob on a 306 automatic, I can't seem to find a way to do this
Thanks
Thanks given by: