Citroen zx volcane 3 door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen zx volcane 3 door
That Golf looks fantastic

Thanks given by:

Thanks it's a pretty decent car done 700 mile in it in 2 week, it's doing better on fuel than zx did it's running 100% veg. Serving me pretty well at the moment

Thanks given by:
those rods are awesome! shame nobody will ever see them really
Thanks given by:
Well had an hour and half on just attempting to remove sump bolts, really regretting not taking the engine out now caused my self a hell of Alot of work! So I've now gotta pull the alternator/pas pump bracket off to get the sump off by time I'm done I could proably lift the engine out! 

In other news I've run a cable to the boot for the battery relocation, just waiting for a junction box so i can wire it all in. Also started stripping the head down ready for it to be skimmed.

Thanks given by:
Chris, did you have a set of these rods a few years back and sell them? If so, I think they're in my 205.
Thanks given by:
Yer I did and yer there in your 205 I remember selling them to james.

Thanks given by:
You don't know anyone with a black 206 gti with stickerbombed grill do you? He knew 205 wasn't to be messed with this evening and flashed me out to race on Dronfield bypass. Got football pitch sized lead on him and then let him past.
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2017, 09:07 PM)399road Wrote: You don't know anyone with a black 206 gti with stickerbombed grill do you? He knew 205 wasn't to be messed with this evening and flashed me out to race on Dronfield bypass. Got football pitch sized lead on him and then let him past.

I don't mate no, hopefully I get to see it in action one day, certainly be nice to meet you at some traffic lights once this zx is finshed Wink

Thanks given by:

A little update, stripped the cylinder head ready for a skim and pressure test. Also manged to pull the bits off the engine needed to get the sump off and pulled off the oil pump and got the first piston/ rod out.

Thanks given by:
Manged to fit all 4 rods, dropped the head off to be skimmed and pressure tested. All come back good so this morning I rebuilt the head.

All new seals

Finshed off

So need to finsh bottom end off now, then I'll get arps and the head back on. 

Really hoping to get cracking now as getting inpatient to see it boosting. Plus mot runs out on 17th so be nice if it's done before then.

Thanks given by:
Not much happened really with this, I manged to get oil pump and sump back on today. Hopefully get top of block cleaned soon and get the head back on at some point this week.

I've been struggling to get a flange made for the exhaust on the gt22 so I've decided to sack that idea off because really I want to go vnt. So why funds are tight, I decided to get the cheapest upgrade possible that will still make me some power why I sort out vnt turbo and controller. 

Yes a £30 td04, I've clocked it all modified oil return to fit, found a 2.5 inch elbow and a reducer thar I had in the shed so that can match it up to the standard exhaust, and of course I've welded the waste gate.  So the plan still is to try and get it road worthy before the 17th of July when the mot runs out so I can get it mot'ed. Hopefully I can get cracking and get it finshed off in time.

Thanks given by:
Yeah getting flanges made can be a pain if you dont have the right bits in your own workshop. Td04 stuff you can still buy flanges for and adaptor plates straight off ebay no issues what so ever. I can see the draw. Hopefully youll get something a bit better on there soon but looks like youre making food progress so keep it up man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2017, 06:17 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah getting flanges made can be a pain if you dont have the right bits in your own workshop. Td04 stuff you can still buy flanges for and adaptor plates straight off ebay no issues what so ever. I can see the draw. Hopefully youll get something a bit better on there soon but looks like youre making food progress so keep it up man

One person quoted me 150 quid for a flange! Sod that! I'll stick with the td04 for now and if I keep the car long enough I'll go vnt I've got a gtb2260 in my sights but unless I sell this gt2259 it's a no go.

Thanks given by:
Fair play for getting it on the way to being roadworthy again for the time being.
Be nice to see a decent turbo on it with all the other mods done now though.
Keep us updated man.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
lovely motor mate always had a soft spot for these !
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2017, 08:25 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Fair play for getting it on the way to being roadworthy again for the time being.
Be nice to see a decent turbo on it with all the other mods done now though.
Keep us updated man.

Thanks doubt I'll be getting much done this week with the weather. But I'll update as and when I get something done.

(27-06-2017, 08:43 PM)Kianio7 Wrote: lovely motor mate always had a soft spot for these !

There very nice cars.

So as with all my projects I've had thoughts of selling it. Maybe not right now but once it's built up and running and a full mot it might end up on eBay to try and get the best money for it, as this now owes me over £2000 and will be more money going in to it to get it finshed and mot'ed. See how I get on tho hopefully it puts a big smile on my face when it's running and I don't sell it.

Thanks given by:

Little update block cleaned and arps in, awaiting for me to find time to drop the head back on.

Also picked up yet another turbo, another td04 but hybrid with a bigger compressor wheel. So that one will be the one going on the car for now.

Thanks given by:
Had a couple of hours on it this morning.

Head gasket on then head on and arps torqued up.

Then fight with the turbo to get it down the back what a ball ache that was! 

Got that in all connected up apart from oil lines. Then inlet manifold on, you may notice I've put the tmic manifold on, I'm gonna run that for now just to get it back running quicker. Fmic can be plumbed in at a later date when funds allows it to happen.

So that's were it's at now. Really not that much more to do now, connect everything back up and go for the first start. Hopefully it all goes well and nothing major goes wrong.

Thanks given by:
It lives! Primed the oil round the engine, primed the injectors, then went to fire it......

https://youtu.be/ZY9X3eJuSak

Fired up straight away, very lumpy and wouldn't rev just lumpy reving. Switched it off pumped the hand primer and after that it would rev fine and idles fine, proably wasn't the best idea leaving the pump/fuel tank full of 100% veg. But it's fine now. 

So not far off being done now I've found a split water pipe that I need to replace then finsh off rebuilding everything and I'm pretty much ready to go for the mot.

Thanks given by:
Fair play.
Stick with it if it owes you so much, you won't get half of it back, just enjoy one for once.
Upgrade the turbo in your own time and keep it, it's a decent motor.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2017, 04:56 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Fair play.
Stick with it if it owes you so much, you won't get half of it back, just enjoy one for once.
Upgrade the turbo in your own time and keep it, it's a decent motor.

Time will tell with it see how it goes when I mot it, I'll be taking a couple of days temporary insurance out on it to make sure it's ok and mot it the following day. After that it'll just be parked up again. As I don't think I will be able to live with the crap mpg's just yet, and the insurance quotes I've been having for it with no no claims as a second car are crazy! But I'll keep shopping around to see if I can get it cheaper.

Thanks given by:
sounds sweet, glad to see it back together and running. if its off the road you can spend some time getting everything just how you want it.

tried a multicar policy quote? might be able to get it a lot cheaper than two separate policies
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 06:59 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: sounds sweet, glad to see it back together and running. if its off the road you can spend some time getting everything just how you want it.

tried a multicar policy quote? might be able to get it a lot cheaper than two separate policies

It sounds much better now it's not running lumpy I'll have to get a video of it once I've sorted the coolant pipe out, don't want to keep running it with no coolant. I've not tried a multi car policy just yet. I want to get it moted soon purely because if anything happens to the golf I've got a back up car to jump in to, my car is what I use for job at the moment, I've done 2000 mile in the golf in a month so need the back up car just incase.

Has another half hour on it this morning, re built the front end. Found a bolt for the drivers side of the bumper it's such a shame the bolt was missing and it's cracked the bumper.

Also started to strip down bits I need to get to the rust on the inner wings. Pulled the fues box out from passanger side.

Just need to get some supplies for the welder then I can get it welded up. 

Getting closer to the road every time I do abit on it.

Thanks given by:
Thats the way to look at something like this. Next bit is one step closer to the road. Its what i have to tell myself about the wifes kingfisher

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 11:36 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Thats the way to look at something like this. Next bit is one step closer to the road. Its what i have to tell myself about the wifes kingfisher

It definitely is have to stay positive about these things.

I'm another step closer it now has coolant in and it's been running up to temp.

https://youtu.be/MvG1KsHdQCw

Thanks given by:
So I've booked it in for the mot Tuesday next week, ttemporary insurance starts Sunday so gives me a couple of days to make sure it's ok and to turn the pump down so it'll pass the smoke test. Gave it a quick clean today.

Hopefully I don't run in to any issues, I've booked french car show tickets so as long as it all goes well I'll be on the 306oc stand in this, if something happens I'll be there anyway just not in this.

Thanks given by:
First day on the road today, and the zx has done an almost faultless 50 mile round trip to a car show and back, only having one issue of popping the boost pipe off the back of the boost gauge. Other than that it's done really well.

Thanks given by:
How quick does it feel. Pleased with it?

Thanks given by:
(09-07-2017, 03:28 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: How quick does it feel. Pleased with it?

I'm gonna reserve judgement on how quick it feels till after the mot as I'm still running 100% veg oil pump still set up for the old t2 I've not touched that, and I'm gonna have to turn it down for the mot because of the smoke levels. But that said it's not slow only hitting 24 psi so I see Alot of potential with it. After mot I'll use the veg up and get it on diesel and then max pump out and see how she goes if the clutch doesn't slip I'll be dissapointed lol.

And I'm really happy with it, considering I've put all this effort and hard work in to it, it's nice to sit an enjoy it abit now.

Thanks given by:
Well it's dead!! When I say dead it still runs and drives sweet, but gone to check coolant level and it's full of oil, I can only assume it's the head gasket. We're do I go from here I'm not really sure but it won't be at french car show now, and how I feel I won't be working on it for a while.

I just knew it was all going so well!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,275 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Zx volcane td 5 door Danmoy90 5 3,134 17-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: dt_
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 83,742 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90