It's Friday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Friday
today is pay day and a day off, was taking the family out but half of them have this sickness bug that is doing the rounds

Saturday try and sell a few more cars for march registration, it's shaping up to be a very profitable month for me, only need four more cars to hit target in march and we haven't started the month yet !!

Sunday work and try and repeat above

Monday prep for the onslaught of march the 1st
Thanks given by:
Friday: last day working in a metal foundry, Friday early finish then off to start preparing the race mini for the first round of britcar next month 

Saturday: need to get a good amount done at the unit otherwise neither me or Matt will have a car ready for summer show season 

Sunday: repeat of above
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Aha good ole friday!

Today: Work followed by mostly snoozing on the sofa / munching.

Sat: Work til 1 then off to the unit to sell some of my hoarded S1 106 rallye parts that i will never use (and had forgotten i had lol )

Sun: Lie in, out for brunch, go pickup my latest landrover modification (5.5t 12v winch Tongue ) then go visit mother with the mrs and little one.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Friday: work and then something on my cars after work i expect.

Saturday: pop into town to sort a few things, then down to work and hopefully someone is coming to buying a few 306 bits off a couple ones i'm breaking. Play football in the afternoon and hopefully a restful evening.

Sunday: play football in the morning and the go watch a couple mates who are quad racing in the afternoon.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2017, 07:23 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Friday: last day working in a metal foundry, Friday early finish then off to start preparing the race mini for the first round of britcar next month 

Saturday: need to get a good amount done at the unit otherwise neither me or Matt will have a car ready for summer show season 

Sunday: repeat of above

I need to pull my finger out also! got 99% of the ingredients! just need to bake the damn cake lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Got my 6 back after giving up with the suspension issue and putting it in to the garage. So I'll be taking it for a wee blast (trying not to crash it) which will take it over 39k. Such a weird feeling not wanting to add miles but at the same time loving driving it! (Probably just me)
Thanks given by:
Friday - Work til 1, Shopping in town for a bit, out for a few beers and some pool 
Saturday- Work on the 306, hopefully, service it and get a short shifter installed
Sunday - Hopefully, admire my handy work lol.

Friday - Work til 1, Shopping in town for a bit, out for a few beers and some pool 
Saturday- Work on the 306, hopefully, service it and get a short shifter installed
Sunday - Hopefully, admire my handy work lol.
Thanks given by:
Fri - Working in Norton again. Finished at 6 and hightailed it home, 62 miles of M5/M42/M6. Ring the girls on the way home and ask if they fancy dinner out. 8 year old replies she wants a takeaway curry! Result. Ordered from the car en route. Now digesting said curry with several Weston's..

Sat - Working O/T. Pays for some more rallye restore bits.

Sun - working again. Gonna be an almost new Rallye at this rate!
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2017, 08:10 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Got my 6 back after giving up with the suspension issue and putting it in to the garage. So I'll be taking it for a wee blast (trying not to crash it) which will take it over  39k. Such a weird feeling not wanting to add miles but at the same time loving driving it! (Probably just me)

Has the suspension knock issue you had been sorted?
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2017, 10:50 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(24-02-2017, 08:10 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Got my 6 back after giving up with the suspension issue and putting it in to the garage. So I'll be taking it for a wee blast (trying not to crash it) which will take it over  39k. Such a weird feeling not wanting to add miles but at the same time loving driving it! (Probably just me)

Yeah all good now.
Thanks given by:
Today, weld rusty Jag.
Tommorow, weld rusty Jag.
Sunday, rebuild shiny billet ally diff. Weld rusty Jag.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2017, 09:41 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Fri - Working in Norton again. Finished at 6 and hightailed it home, 62 miles of M5/M42/M6. Ring the girls on the way home and ask if they fancy dinner out. 8 year old replies she wants a takeaway curry! Result. Ordered from the car en route. Now digesting said curry with several Weston's..

Curry & Henry Westons vintage i hope? 

Man after my own heart! Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2017, 10:53 PM)MisterGTR Wrote:

Yeah all good now.

What was the issue in the end?
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2017, 08:02 PM)Frosty Wrote:

Yeah all good now.

I think it was the front driver's shocker. When they took the strut apart it had too much travel.

So replaced the front shocks, and a few other bits (the invoice is at work. I'll update the other thread when I get in to work on Monday).
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2017, 08:29 PM)MisterGTR Wrote:
(25-02-2017, 08:02 PM)Frosty Wrote:

Yeah all good now.

I think it was the front driver's shocker. When they took the strut apart it had too much travel.

So replaced the front shocks, and a few other bits (the invoice is at work. I'll update the other thread when I get in to work on Monday).

Ideal cheers bud.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2017, 08:18 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(24-02-2017, 09:41 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Fri - Working in Norton again. Finished at 6 and hightailed it home, 62 miles of M5/M42/M6. Ring the girls on the way home and ask if they fancy dinner out. 8 year old replies she wants a takeaway curry! Result. Ordered from the car en route. Now digesting said curry with several Weston's..

Absolutely!!! Vintage all the way!
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2017, 05:44 AM)Ben_w Wrote:
(25-02-2017, 08:18 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Absolutely!!! Vintage all the way!

Just earned yourself a rep sir!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: Ben_w
Hahaha, cheers.

Vintage is my favourite....Can be a bit rocket fuel if you come in and neck a couple.on an empty stomach! Also like Chaplin and Corks Vintage, Apsalls Premier Cru and Imperial, Sheppys Vintage etc.

All.proper ciders
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
(27-02-2017, 11:22 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Hahaha, cheers.

Vintage is my favourite....Can be a bit rocket fuel if you come in and neck a couple.on an empty stomach! Also like Chaplin and Corks Vintage, Apsalls Premier Cru and Imperial, Sheppys Vintage etc.

All.proper ciders

Never ever drink it on an empty stomach! Just lately i have been drinking Butty Bach when out & about but for at home theres always a chilled westons vintage in the fridge Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
It is pretty damn good.

I may well be moving toward the Hereford direction later this year....Working in Worcester at the mo. Interview for the permanent job on Friday. If I get it, will try the commute for 6 months but will move if that turns out to be crap
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2017, 08:12 PM)Ben_w Wrote: It is pretty damn good.

I may well be moving toward the Hereford direction later this year....Working in Worcester at the mo. Interview for the permanent job on Friday. If I get it, will try the commute for 6 months but will move if that turns out to be crap

Crikey thats a fair commute! what job are you looking at down this way? Smile

Herefordshire isnt bad at all to be honest! basically a county packed full of good ale / cider, motorsport and affordable living lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
It's an Operations Manager job for the company I work.for and is basically the job I'm doing there at the moment. Yeah, it is a fair commute. 63 miles of M6/M42/M5 torture.....
Thanks given by: