Gear Linkages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear Linkages
Hello

New to the forums and have a question

I was planning on replacing the worn tired OEM gear linkages with some solid ones from miles on the forums.

Here comes the problem.

I was told if you take the battery + tray out they are in plain view, they weren't?

I then tried from the passenger side wheel arch which helped but I couldn't get the linkage

any hint or tips to get them off and installing the solid ones?
Thanks given by:
I use a trim tool puller or sometimes a open ended spanner. I can't remember the size, might be a 10mm. Get it under the joint and lever it.

I normally get to the linkages from under the car.
Thanks given by:
Open ended spanner to get the old ones off. Patience getting the new ones on. you don't want to drop the retaining wires.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2017, 07:19 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Open ended spanner to get the old ones off. Patience getting the new ones on. you don't want to drop the retaining wires.

Do you need to pull the retaining clips out and put them in once they are on the linkage?

I thought you could leave them in and push them on?

I'll get a go at it over the weekend!
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2017, 08:24 AM)Esmyth124 Wrote:
(23-02-2017, 07:19 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Open ended spanner to get the old ones off. Patience getting the new ones on. you don't want to drop the retaining wires.

Do you need to pull the retaining clips out and put them in once they are on the linkage?

I thought you could leave them in and push them on?

I'll get a go at it over the weekend!

No, you need to fully remove the clips before fitting, they are not a spring type fit.
Thanks given by:
No need to remove anything, old ones pop off by hand sometimes of a pair of mole grip's, new ones as said remove clips, Use a small smear of grease and fit on, refit the external clips
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
14 mm spanner has been the tool during all 5 years working for citroen/peugeot.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gear linkages Danaidh 16 3,458 15-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Toms306