Fitting Original Pug Mudflaps???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Original Pug Mudflaps???
Question 
Has anyone ever fitted OEM mud flaps before? . . . . the instructions are really bad and i'm struggling lol.  Angry
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
What do they actually look like. Think the HDI could do with rears/a set.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2017, 05:46 PM)allye Wrote: What do they actually look like. Think the HDI could do with rears/a set.

i'll take a pic in a bit, i must have had them over 5 years, brand new but never fitted, had a look today and still perplexed Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
All I ever saw of the fittings for my OEM mudflaps was them exiting stage left into a field mid-corner.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: daniel909
Front or Rear?
Rears I believe they 'clamp' to the arch lip.
Fronts, arch lip and sill seam flanges.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2017, 09:58 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: Front or Rear?
Rears I believe they 'clamp' to the arch lip.
Fronts, arch lip and sill seam flanges.

yeah rears, they do have some clamping system, gonna take wheels off today and try again, the diagrams on the instructions are size of a postage stamp Big Grin
Thanks given by:
have you a pic of the flap?
essentially, there's one bit fixed to the rubber, another curved bit does the clamping.
I think the bolt with a washer passes thro' the rubber into the curved bit.
if you pinch your thumb & finger together, it should look similar.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Mudflaps crazydave 2 1,345 02-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Last Post: crazydave
  mudflaps paul7278 1 1,112 09-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Last Post: puglove
  Fitting bucket seats on original subframes Wigady 15 5,700 29-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Birk