106 1.5D CV Joint Replacment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 1.5D CV Joint Replacment
Picked up a 106 1.5D the other day for £40 (with some MOT left. Sweet!), anyway having fixed the the major reason it was for sale cheap (non-runner, until I turned up... air leak in fuel filter), now got to start dealing with the other issues and get it up together.

The Left/NS CV Joint is failing, clattering if pull away hard while turning right, or if I'm doing my best to keep the speed up through a right hand bend or roundabout. Quite irritating.

Now, a quick browse through ebay suggests that I can't buy just a CV joint (appears there's the odd listing, but upwards of £60), but since the car was £40 I'm reluctant to go and spend £20-£30 on a driveshaft, plus gearbox oil and if I'm doing it properly a new driveshaft seal. Does anyone know if it is possible to get just an outer CV joint for the LH/NS shaft?

Cheers,
Ben.
Thanks given by:
indeed they are not replaceable, you must buy a whole shaft or gamble that cleaning and regreasing with a new boot fixes it.

I wouldn't bother replacing the gear oil or the seal on such a cheap car, unless the oil is contaminated/low and the seal is damaged.

jack the side up high enough and you wont need to drain it either.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2017, 01:14 PM)welshpug Wrote: indeed they are not replaceable, you must buy a whole shaft or gamble that cleaning and regreasing with a new boot fixes it.

I wouldn't bother replacing the gear oil or the seal on such a cheap car, unless the oil is contaminated/low and the seal is damaged.

get onto J & R driveshafts in Birmingham--0121 770 5636  with your car reg number....full shaft in a box , cheap and 3 year warranty.  I have their shafts on my galaxy & corsa van. plus ordering a full fiesta 1 soon as it includes support bearing.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2017, 08:30 PM)daddyfixit Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 01:14 PM)welshpug Wrote: indeed they are not replaceable, you must buy a whole shaft or gamble that cleaning and regreasing with a new boot fixes it.

get onto J & R driveshafts in Birmingham--0121 770 5636  with your car reg number....full shaft in a box , cheap and 3 year warranty.  I have their shafts on my galaxy & corsa van. plus ordering a full fiesta 1 soon as it includes support bearing.
Totally agree.. We use them in work as we get them cheaper from them than the motorfactors.. And next day delivery

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: