Does anyone know..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know..
How much water based paint it takes to paint the outside of a 306? lol The cars a 3 door and a phase one that will not be colour coded. Im also doing along where the door closes but not the inside of the car. Also skirts and a spoiler Smile Thanks for any help Smile
Thanks given by:
Just out of interest as I don't know the answer, why are you using water based paint?? its a scary amount of money compared to basecoat or 2k and you need a different spray gun.....
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I have the spray gun, a heated garage and a good compressor Smile I like using water based and ive estimated i can get the paint for less than 150 so im happy enough using it Smile
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:I have the spray gun, a heated garage and a good compressor Smile I like using water based and ive estimated i can get the paint for less than 150 so im happy enough using it Smile

want to do my at the same time? Tongue
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
If you bring your car to me ill do everything including the price of the paint for 150 pound Smile
Thanks given by:
Seriously.............you think you can paint a full car for £150? :o Hmm

Bananalad Wrote:I have the spray gun, a heated garage and a good compressor Smile I like using water based and ive estimated i can get the paint for less than 150 so im happy enough using it Smile

Fair enough mate, if your happy and equipped then carry on Smile

I was just wondering thats all! I will stick to spraying BC and 2K
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Ha if he brings the car to me Tongue

But on a serious note, the car is sitting in high build primer now which has been wet sanded. So far ive spent 90 euro on primer and ive alot left over for future projects, had the wet and dry sand paper here from stuff ive done before, masking tape i already had and got news papers for free.. Isopon was a tenner Smile I need to buy some blue paint which will be less than 150, i have a can of lacquer and hardener here so just buy one more and im done..

Ill have the whole lot done for less than 250 not including my time but who counts that anyway lol
Thanks given by:
i used 3 cans of 750ml chalkboard paint if that helps? lol although i may have rollered it on, thats was 2 good coats
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha think when painting with the water based it will be slightly different lol
Thanks given by:
Just a little :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone at all? lol I want to buy some paint tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
I painted mine with direct gloss. Used a litre of White primer and just under two litres of colour, picked it all up including thinners and activator for under £80.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you paint all of the estate? Smile
Thanks given by:
Nah was when I painted the gti6 yellow
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah right i 'white gloss' instead of primer Smile I was thinking about two liters!
Thanks given by:
Coulp pm the guy who did the astor 6 coupe as he painted that himself too
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by: