Help: fire stick / prime / Netflix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: fire stick / prime / Netflix
So, I've got an amazo fire stick, essentially making my TV smart. 

What I'm wondering, is it worth paying for prime or an alternative - Netflix?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
depends if you like watching tv lol, tbh i have both Prime and Netflix, some good stuff on both, Prime is good value as it pays for itself in free deliveries from Amazon in no time Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
install Kodi and the exodus addon Wink
Free tv as long as you have a fast internet connection
very easy follow a guide from Youtube

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(25-01-2017, 07:59 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: depends if you like watching tv lol, tbh i have both Prime and Netflix, some good stuff on both, Prime is good value as it pays for itself in free deliveries from Amazon in no time Smile

Well, I prefer watching movies and series - Game of thrones is on my 'to watch list' ....
Thanks given by:
in all honesty i watch more netflix than i do sky...
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Game of thrones you say!
quick search on kodi exodus finds

[Image: 20170125_235403.jpg]

[Image: 20170125_235426.jpg]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Ah! I may look into this!
Thanks given by:
With Kodi being across every piece of mainstream media currently, in a very bad light, how long do you think it can last?

Obviously a lot of cats are wrong as it's Kodi getting a bad rep not Exodus etc. But this seems way more prevalent than even the Kazaa stuff that got shut down fairly quickly!
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt recommend prime for video to anyone. Their music and video offerings are very poor. Apart from the grand tour ive watched possibly 3 films at best. It only becomes worth it because of the next day delivery... which im sure i could have lived without anyway.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2017, 09:08 AM)Eeyore Wrote: I wouldnt recommend prime for video to anyone. Their music and video offerings are very poor. Apart from the grand tour ive watched possibly 3 films at best. It only becomes worth it because of the next day delivery... which im sure i could have lived without anyway.

This. I think Netflix has a lot more to offer.

In regards to the stick, I use a Chromecast.
Thanks given by:
Chromecast and Plex on your PC as a media server wins my vote..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2017, 08:16 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: With Kodi being across every piece of mainstream media currently, in a very bad light, how long do you think it can last?

Obviously a lot of cats are wrong as it's Kodi getting a bad rep not  Exodus etc. But this seems way more prevalent than even the Kazaa stuff that got shut down fairly quickly!

Kodi is a free to use piece of software, it's not something you can 'ban' as essentially it's done nothing wrong.
It's like blaming Windows for a computer playing the video.
The software is open-source as well, so anyone can get their hands on the code and develop their own version of the program.

The issue comes with the add-ons that link to material all over the web, those are the ones doing wrong but again are hard to shutter because they don't hold any of the media themselves, so if they feel any 'heat' the devs quickly shut down the project and open up a new one under a different guise.
Thanks given by:
I've got prime, Netflix and Now TV. Don't need anything else aside from Freesat.
Prime is well worth the money and pays for its self in no time. It depends on the sort of TV you like but there is a lot of great box sets on there. Personally I don't like much of what's on Netflix but the missus is obsessed with some of the series on there lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Prime is ace, the free next day delivery has saved my ass plenty of times.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2017, 09:57 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Kodi is a free to use piece of software, it's not something you can 'ban' as essentially it's done nothing wrong.
It's like blaming Windows for a computer playing the video.
The software is open-source as well, so anyone can get their hands on the code and develop their own version of the program.

The issue comes with the add-ons that link to material all over the web, those are the ones doing wrong but again are hard to shutter because they don't hold any of the media themselves, so if they feel any 'heat' the devs quickly shut down the project and open up a new one under a different guise.

Yeah, that is what I said in my post...
Definitely something the media are targeting in on though. ISPs already involved etc.
Thanks given by:
ISP's will take one look at it and think 'f*ck that'.

The actual content is hosted all over the web and constantly moving around, no-way they can effectively block that.
They are a business at the end of the day, they're not going to piss money down the drain in a vain attempt to block some episodes of GOF.

It'll just end up like when they blocked The Pirate Bay, that clampdown coincided with the meteoric rise in streaming.
I'd lay good money that more people are on it now than ever bothered with Torrents.
Thanks given by:
We are not using amazon video so much now because the prices for some movies are horrendous,there are some bargains for sure but not as many as there used to be.
Thanks given by:
I can't find anything I want to watch on prime bar TGT, all the free films are well out of date and the TV shows just don't interest me.

I'm seriously considering paying for 'Motor Trend on Demand' though, far more stuff I want to watch there for less money
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clarkson and Co now with Amazon prime Iceman299 6 1,457 01-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Matt
  Setting fire to a car cwspellowe 46 15,192 20-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  The coolest USB stick ever! HDIkyle 17 4,314 02-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum