Intermittent Clock / Temp Display

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent Clock / Temp Display
My clock and temperature display is intermittent. It's either working as it should or off (although I'm sure I can very faintly see something when looking closely).

It can ALWAYS be resolved with a sharp thump to the side of the centre unit. This has been happening for a few years now but finally decided I should do something about it.

Anyone experienced this and know what I might need to do? Also, I've never taken my centre unit apart so no idea where to start pulling/prying. Is there any guides on here?
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2017, 10:46 AM)stevesmiff Wrote: My clock and temperature display is intermittent. It's either working as it should or off (although I'm sure I can very faintly see something when looking closely).

It can ALWAYS be resolved with a sharp thump to the side of the centre unit. This has been happening for a few years now but finally decided I should do something about it.

Anyone experienced this and know what I might need to do? Also, I've never taken my centre unit apart so no idea where to start pulling/prying. Is there any guides on here?

The cheapest and best thing to try first changing the time temp clock unit also change bulb.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a dodgy connection on the bulb. Take it out and have a play, maybe even replace the bulb. See how that plays out before replacing the unit.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
change the lamps in the panel first!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yep, it'll be the lamps. The filaments on the lamp is broken and making contact intermittently.
Thanks given by:
Thanks all. I'll have a look at the lamps then. Any guide on getting the panel off without breaking everything (I'm a bit heavy handed)?
Thanks given by:
prise off the lower section with the clock behind,
then undo the two screws to remove the clock,
lamps are on the back twist and pull,

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: stevesmiff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clock and temperature display. Mikey 14 3,174 01-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bad2vbone
  Temp clock David 4 1,828 16-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  No electric windows or clock/temp guage sebanelli 3 1,500 25-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: sebanelli